GUN My two options for a Shotgun. WHICH WOULD YOU DO.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 70Machwon, Sep 14, 2005.

1. 70Machwon

70Machwon New Member

In case you didnt see the previous thread. Its a Benelli Nova 12ga. Black stock. Now i have a guy here who is selling one that is apparently new in box.

SO

1. Get the Denver gun for 225 bucks, pay around 30-40 bucks to get it here. 10 yrs old, but only 300 rounds total- 265

2. Get the new one here, probably 300 bucks, but i am going to try and get him for 250., pay around 20 or so transfer it. Total 320.

Which do you think is the way to go.

2. 70Machwon

70Machwon New Member

Update. I might be able to talk the local guy down to 250, if not it goes for 300.

Only thing i see that im not big on is tne camo instead of the black. I like the black more, but the camo isnt a huge deal.

so, opinions.

3. 99_civic_ex

99_civic_ex Active Member

get the new one. the difference in cost isn't enough to buy used.

4. Ghostrider4450

Ghostrider4450 New Member

Isnt the Nova, the same shotgun that was adopted by SWAT? For use as a bean bag less than lethal gun? As well as a standard entry shotgun?

5. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

Oh of course, SWAT, because they're a single entity :hsugh:

6. millero

millero Aluminum Member

Go for the new one. I'm willing to bet that he shot more than 300 shells through it in 10 years.

7. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

You probably don't know a lot about what you are talking about if you say "SWAT" as if all teams use the same gear and you refer to Less Lethal munitions as "Less Than Lethal".

Since we are all here to learn...

1. Each SWAT team is unique. SOPs and weapon choice are dictated by department. I'm sure there are plenty of Benelli Novas used by teams somewhere in the US. Of course I have seen just about every make and model of gun used by SWAT/SRT. I saw a picture of an entry team with SKS's and last weekend I had a nice conversation with a SWAT cop at a class who uses a Kel-tec Sub 2000 as an entry gun. Yeah, kinda scary.

2. Anything that comes out the barrel of a gun with velocity can be lethal. To call something "less than lethal" when it has the potential to be lethal is incorrect. The proper term is "Less Lethal".