TAT My Turn v.first tattoo

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by 4W4K3, Aug 28, 2006.

1. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

Well I've always wanted a tat, I'm 18 now, figured I'd give it a try lmao.

Surprisingly...it was no that big a deal. Got a small one to start, was nervous, but it ended up being a great experience.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All opinions welcome. I wanted a tattoo that wasn't too specific (like a chick's name) but also had alot of meaning and was something I could always appreciate. Love is always a part of my life, as it is with just about everyone. It's the kanji Japanese "ai" symbol for love.

Simple, effective...I love it :wavey:

2. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

I'm not too fond of the Chinese symbols, but I must say that it looks great, and the placement is nice

3. Daemonfly

Daemonfly New Member

Looks pretty good. Here's the proper design of the character http://www.tinfinger.com/images/kanji_ai.gif for comparison. Don't worry about any slight differences, as it would be similar to differences in english cursive between people.

Perhaps it's the angle of the pic or shine of the skin, but the last part, the one on the bottom right that angles down doesn't look like it should, it's supposed to be one continuous piece down, but it looks like it's off a bit right where it intersects the other line. If so, could be an easy touch-up.

4. Ladybird

Ladybird New Member

I am not sure that its Japanese, I think thats a Chinese symbol but none the less it means love. I live in Hong Kong and I see alot of stupid whities getting tattoos in chinese symbols which dont mean what they think its pretty funny, yours looks well done tho : )

5. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

Yah it has some different "curves", and i think the lower half connects where there is supposed to be a break.

I went to a few different online tattoo palces and they all said it was Japanese, but I might be wrong. I also have it on my mouse pad. I guess it just comes down to the interpretation, for the most part it's very similiar I think.

Proper way to write it -
    [​IMG]

Same symbol, but loks alot different -
    [​IMG]

6. Ladybird

Ladybird New Member

Ah yes, my bad. It looks very much like a chinese symbol. I like the fact you did research about it :)

7. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

haha yah i didn't want to be fooled into getting a symbol that i thought meant love and ended up meaning homosexual or something. that would be the worst joke ever...but a great story.

8. MarshyTheKid

MarshyTheKid New Member

Reminds me of a tattoo artist who hated when people would get Japanese or Chinese symbols on them, so instead of tattooing "Beautiful" or "Love" he would write something totally different.

9. Endlessly

Endlessly Por siempre

Got a wonderful chinese tat w. BF. Went to show off to friends, they asked why I got HO tattooed on me. WOOPS!

10. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

i wanna know who gets the nasty lesbo tattoo's with dildos and chains and shit? they had i dunno how many books with sick stuff...stuff i couldn't even imagine putting on my body for money. people are just crazy, and my mom can barely handle my little symbol lmao.

i jsut kind of came home with it. in a few weeks i'll be coming home with a few more i think. right breast and left forearm i'm thinking. 1 more jap/chinese symbol and undecided on the last one.

11. Daemonfly

Daemonfly New Member

Japanese took Chinese characters for their language, so it could well be the same or similar in Chinese, but I don't know Chinese at all.

If you look up kanji writing guides, they commonly show many different versions, all depending on who writes it. If it differs slightly from the set standard, it's still fine.

12. trez157

trez157 You can't trust freedom when it's not in your hand

I like the work, the bottom right is not a continuous piece as it should be. Easy touch up, as has been stated, no big deal. Good work

13. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

It's completely "peeled" once now, looking good, no spotting or anything. Not sure how many times it will peel before it heals, but I'm keeping it moisturized a million times a day pretty much lol. Every chance I get I put a drop of hand lotion on it, even got some in the car for on the go.