MMA My Tuff-N-Nuff results: Failure

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Sirc, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

After a 7 hour drive back home because A FUCKING PLANE CRASHED INTO THE 101 AS I WAS TRYING TO LEAVE SANTA BARBARA, I finally get home to tell you guys the results.

Our gameplan was to have him chase me in the first round and tire him out with counter attacks then beat down in the second, it was working just great but I got too complacent and I just simply got caught with a body shot. Whenever they get the video up, I'll post it. I wasn't allowed to video tape.

I'm kind of bummed out, he got me in the floating ribs which is what I ALWAYS got caught with in Sparring. Baaaaaaaaaah. Oh well, next time. Some guy came up to me and said that he wanted to sponsor me when I was in vegas, (i.e. pay for my travel, hotel, food, etc.) which I think is pretty damn cool. Randy Couture, Vitor Belfort, Eddie Bravo and Frank Mir were all there watching and hanging out in the locker room. Couture told me I did good and that he wanted to see me back to fight again. The promoter wants me back. Woot.

The most stressful part of this entire fight has been finding an opponent. I actually had 5 people drop on me, my opponent I was actually training against dropped out on tuesday and they barely were able to find me a fight on thursday. I found out that shit happens, and nobody gives a fuck about you. Which is fine. The fans love you, which is awesome. I got this neat little lanyard that said, "FIGHTER" on it and everyone went out of their way to accommodate for me: i.e. I was standing at the back of the line for this booth where I was supposed to get a free shirt from, and people literally pulled me to the front, I got to walk around and talk to the people in the VIP lounge which is where I got to meet Couture, Belfort, etc. So if any of you want to lick my palms, because I got to shake hands with them I'll be in SB and LA area during Labor Day Weekend.

All in all, it was pretty fun. If this dude is serious about sponsoring me, I wouldn't mind going back to fight there again. I'm bummed that I lost, but whatever, I have another fight in September and I pray he doesn't drop out as well. I'll make up for it then. Not nearly as glamorous of a show, but whatever.

Your brother in Christ,

Sirc

2. LocTite98

LocTite98 Chillin'

should of taken the 126 around to the 5.. its a long way around, but it beats a 7 hour drive

3. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

Oh, I did.

It just so happened there was road construction from Glendale to Gormon. then from The top of the Grape Vine to about 20 miles from Bakersfield. Then another one from north of Bakersfield to Tulare.

It was awesome sitting in a car for 6 hours.

4. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

at least you got in there which is more than 99% of people can say. Fucking awesome that you had the balls to fight some dude in a cage. Mad props, hope all the work you put in pays of in the next fight.

5. Good job regardless of the loss. I'm sure you learned from the loss and hopefully you'll win next time.

6. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

:werd:

It's always frustrating as fuck to get caught with the same stupid crap, but it happens.

7. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

A good body shot will drop anyone man they fucking kill, better luck next time mate and tuck that elbow tight when someone takes that shot.

8. Hillary

Hillary fukc yaeh. ew waitled long enough. nujgses of hill

You got in there, apparently did well (according to the guys wanting you back/complimenting), and made a mistake. Most people wouldn't have the balls to fight, fewer would have done well, and even fewer would have accepted responsibility for the error and will grow as a fighter because of it.

Not a failure, IMO.

9. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

awesome, goodluck on your next bout

10. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

Eating a good body shot always takes me out of a sparring session for a few minutes, they're a bitch. Props for getting in there man, better luck next time.

11. AgGoNy

AgGoNy Active Member

12. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

Thanks for all the words.

I kind of fucked up because I couldn't judge the distance well, I don't know what it was, but it was probably the pressure. baaah, oh well. September. I'll make it up then.

13. Kuet

Kuet New Member

you got props from RANDY :bowdown:
    This your first MMA fight?

14. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

Sucks that things didn't go to plan and you lost, but at least you did it. I've obviously never taken a really good body shot :o. I don't like getting punched in the face, but I eat hard body shots all the time in sparring. Only one that does bother me is a liver shot. We go 50% power on headshots, but bodyshots are full power.

Must have sucked having so many people drop out too that'd probably get to me. Just the fact that you might not even have a fight to show up to would be a gamble in itself, especially if you put in the work to cut weight.

15. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

Yep. First one. Randy tries so hard to not command respect when he walks into the room, but he's just a hulking mass of a person it's hard not to.

I usually take body shots well, I dunno what happened here, he just hit one of my floating ribs.

Yeah, I was pretty upset about all of my opponents dropping out. I originally was slated to fight at 145, then they said 155, then they said 145 then 155 and finally settled on 150. I was going from 150 to 156 to 148 to 156 then settled on 155 and just cut the water. I hated it.

16. SaviouR

SaviouR Dallas - Choke City :(

Much respect brother for doing what most of us only ponder about much less live and learn from.

17. El Rudo

El Rudo The Borinqueneers

18. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

good job for getting in there! i lost my first fight too, came back and won convincingly in my 2nd. you always learn from your mistakes!

19. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

Word.

I was so worried that it might go to the ground I spent most of my time training my ground game. I have really good striking, I just let it slip. :( September 6th, though. I will more than make up for it.

20. Exiled

Exiled New Member

Why do people say this?

Do I have to explain why this is fucking retarded?

21. TCMS

TCMS OT Supporter

my brother in christ?

22. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

splain

23. dguy

dguy She smells like angels ought to smell.

I'm too much of a pussy to fight for a living. Does that make me a pussy in general? I don't think so.

24. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

I don't think that people are too pussy to fight. I think that when it comes down to it, most people will try to avoid confrontation rather than fight something. I know people fight all the time.

What people are too pussy to do is to get in front of hundreds of people and be judged. I think that's more accurate.

25. Stevie DV

Stevie DV Artist

keep at it.