My True Protein experience

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by sprite, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sprite

sprite Active Member

True Protein Experience....

I see people asking about them occasionally, but don't see many responses so I thought I'd post my experience.

I ordered 2 custom mixes from them:
    #1 - 5 lbs of 60% MPI / 40% WPC + Aminogen, TP chocolate flavoring, stevia sweetener.
    #2 - 5 lbs of 50% Dextrose, 25% Malto, 25% Hyrolyzed Whey, TP chocolate flavoring, stevia sweetener.

Order process was good, and I recieved several emails confirming the order and payment reciept. I ordered about 10 a.m. and by 3 p.m. the same day I had a shipping notification and a UPS tracking number.

Since I had a bunch of old empty tubs laying around I just used their "food grade bag" (free) option, instead of having to pay extra for a tub. This is a shitty option. The bags are not vacuum packed, and are not even resealable. They're simply tied off with a zip strip, which doesn't really seal the bag all that well, and in both cases put small tears in the bag, which makes emptying the bags into the tubs a veritable barrel of laughs. Another thing that was kind of lame is that the bags were simply labeled "CU Mix #1" and "CU Mix #2" in magic marker. Then, in the box, was a piece of paper with the contents of each bag... hand scribled. Lame.

Mix #1 tastes like absolute shit . I eat pretty cleanly all day, so I used to sort of look forward to having a shake at the end of the day for something that was a little chocolatey and sweet... but no more. I mean this shit truly tastes bad. The texture of mix #1 is really thick, which would be good if it tasted good, but it just makes the bad taste linger that much longer. Mix #2 is a little better, largely because it is 50% sugar, but Hydrolyzed whey is bitter, and stevia can be kind of bitter so that really affects the taste. Mix #2 texture is pretty thin.

Cliffs: Ordering was easy, recieved email confirmation, order processing was fast and recieved shipping notification and tracking number within 5 hours. Food grade bags suck, and the TP chocolate flavoring with stevia sweetener tastes like swamp ass.

Emoticon Summary
    • Ordering Process: :cool:
    • Order turn-around time: :coold:
    • Packaging: :ughj:
    • Mix #1 Taste: :barf:
    • Mix #2 Taste: :barf:

2. hip hippo

hip hippo Eric Berry, son.

:rofl: @ emoticon summary.

3. Sand Hanitizer

Sand Hanitizer Active Member

i think their protein tastes like shit as well, the bsl flavors are nothing compared to the real BSL and just expensive if not more. :ugh:

their shipping sucks balls too, took vettedude's order like 3 weeks to ship out for no apparent reason. he rarely got answers to his emails and when he did, they still took a week to ship out his shit...

4. D-GUy

D-GUy Guest

more people should use emoticon summaries

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.