My truck is broken.

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by dirteemac, Aug 16, 2003.

1. dirteemac

dirteemac hey, how are you?

I got a '97 ranger, with about 70,000 miles. I drove it today and after about 20 minutes on the freeway under normal driving conditions (it does get hot tho here in la) I noticed the temp gauge getting real high, it's done this before, it's started doing this a couple months ago, but it never totally overheats. Anyways, today when I reached my destination and pulled over and parked, I noticed that radiator fluid was leaking and I opened the hood and the top of the radiator fluid reservior had popped off and that shit was like BOILING inside the reservior, so I just left my car there with the hood up and went about my business and came back five minutes later and the fluid had settled so I put the top back on and closed the hood and drove back home and the same old shit started happening and I turned on the heater a few times and the temp gauge dropped somewhat and then when I got home, and turned my car off the fucking thing did the same thing, I also noticed sometimes when I open the hood before starting my car that the radiator hose looks all squished together like a straw when you suck all the air out of it. I've taken it to the dealership a few times but those fucks are like, "it's not over heating, there's nothing wrong with it" and I don't know what to do, this thing works fine driving around the city but after like ten minutes on the freeway the temp starts going up and up untill I stop driving. I had them replace the thermostat recently so I don't think that's the problem. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. Bloke

Bloke Banned

I would pressure test the system to see if its holding. overheating is not normal like you seem to think it is.

3. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

sounds like you ahve a clog in teh system some where that and yoru fan isnt working

4. rj23w

rj23w New Member

its a ford sell it

5. reido

reido New Member

Dude don't fuck around. Fix it before you drive anymore. I ruined my last truck this way. Overheats a little but i'm only driving a couple of miles, so screw it........biggest mistake ever. You should check that the fan and pump work, no leaks, no blockages, and worse case add more water and not antifreeze. Water takes more energy to heat than antifreeze and won't freeze in LA