MMA My training partner's fight this weekend

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Bausk, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Here is his Myspace "highlight" reel. His fight from this Saturday night is the one in the cage against the black guy in the boxing shorts. Great standup fight, he said "I want to leg kick, I want to clinch and knee, and I want to high kick, and I WON'T submit him". He did exactly what he said. :rofl: After they went to the ground (the guy was done) the guy tapped and the ref didn't see it so he just kept at it. Stupid it went on that long, imo, since the fight was already over as soon as he went down.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2044728932

He is 3-0 in amateur MMA, and is fighting again in August and then again in October in a tourney for the MFL (Michigan Fight League) 185 lb title.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  2. Placebo

Placebo New Member

August 5th in flint?

3. Bausk

Bausk New Member

August 4th at MFL. He's fighting on the undercard for the lightweight tourney. He is on the poster, top row to the far right:

[​IMG]

4. Bausk

Bausk New Member

The rules of the fight were standard UFC rules, I think. No knees to the head on the ground and elbows were allowed. Amateur MMA is in limbo in Michigan and isn't sanctioned yet but isn't technically illegal (I've read/heard) so rules may vary per event. The ticket said "full contact Jiu Jitsu exhibition".

The event I'm fighting in will not have any elbows.

5. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Yeah good for the other guy, we train elbows alot in our Muay Thai.

Going good. I went running/sprinting yesterday and I'm going to add that in on Friday and Sundays, and another day of rolling in on Wednesdays for the next month until my fight. I took a couple days off last week because I was just tired but with only a month to go I'm gonna step it up a notch.

And with guys like Ben pushing me in sparring every day I'll be ready.

6. Shrug

Shrug Die in a Kimbo fight

thats awesome, i want to go. Very local to me.

7. Bausk

Bausk New Member

The ones in Flint are at the Flint Generals hockey arena, and the ones in Birch Run are at the expo center. The August 4th show at the expo center is a little too far of a drive and it's on my birthday, so I probably won't be at that show to watch/support him.