my Toyota 4 door tacoma

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by NisAznMonk, Dec 1, 2001.

1. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

i just bought my new toyota pre runner. its a 2001 model 4 doors. i want to add fatter tires on it, but can i just add tires? or do i have to get the whole lift kit/ wheels setup? i really dont wanna go that route if possible.

2. Pospodo

Pospodo came for the pron but stayed for teh lulz

Congrats, I like that truck a lot. Almost always, you can put slightly larger tires on a stock vehicle, but it may not be as dramatic of a change that you are looking for. Search for some 'Yota forums and ask them.

3. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

got any websites i can check out?

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Stock size tires are 31x10.5s or 265/70/16s since you have a '02. You can't really go any bigger than that. You could fit 32x11.5s, but they are gonna rub on the frame in the front. Coilver lifts are around $600 shipped for approx. 2-3.5" of lift depending on if you have 4wd or not. You could be able to clear a 32 with that. 33's maybe if you get glass fenders and have the right rims. I'd say if you don't want to mess with the suspension, just get a 32 and try not to put the steering at full lock so the tires don't rub that much.

5. Pat McCrotch

Pat McCrotch Guest

For a good site/forum check out www.tacomaterritory.com Most of them are off-raoders, so they can steer you in the right direction with your wheel/tire questions.

Enjoy your new truck!