LGBT my thoughts re: homosexuality

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by bioyuki, Jul 24, 2004.

1. bioyuki

bioyuki Ich habe Angst

as you cn see by this thread http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=1200387&page=1&pp=25 i am quite drunk and in a contemplative mood so here are my thoughts re: my sexuality

i didn't think i was different...yeah i knew i was gay and stuff but I still wasn't different from my friends. now after being out ofr a year i can understand why gay man = grils best friend and that yeah, i am different from my friends, for better or worse.

i haven't quite figured out if being gay is a blessing or a curse, i just know that i'm different...there are just some thigns i will never undertsand about my friends and there are somethings they will never understand about me, that fundemental differnece exists between us.

i guess that leaves me in a somewhat awkard position, i'm in that androgynous zone between men and women, i belong to neither group and that kinda sucks because there are so few people that you can identify with. i miss out on the water cooler talk, when my chick friends talk about marriage and stuff i can't fully identify with that as well.

so i don't know, i'm lost in that gray zone that perpetuates the world, and i'm left to wander around, i just hope i fucking find myself before its too late, i feel like i'm wasting my life away

[/rant]

2. bioyuki

bioyuki Ich habe Angst

oh and this thread was done in classic spaznwithc style, i credit him for this :mamoru:.

3. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

I've had a bunch to drink tonight too. I'm confused as shit about some things that happened tonight, but luckily it doesn't have much to do with how I feel about myself. I hope you find what you're looking for though.

4. mamoru

mamoru New Member

Am I the only one on here who doesn't drink? :confused:

And by on here, I mean the whole world...and by not drink, I mean sober all the time, but still the coolest cat in town?

Nice post though!

5. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

I dont see why you cant have the water cooler talk. I do it with my co-workers (all straight men) and dont have any problems, except that one time a week when the subject is sports. But when the subject comes to that, I really dont care, so I just listen and daydream about the homoeroticism that sports seems to have buried deep within whatever game they are talking about.

Granted, some of the moderate gay bashing that straight men seem to do when they are in a group (joking, not really bashing) came to a screetching halt tonight when I filed a complaint with upper management. They may be joking with me and (even though they might be dead on and just not know it) I still dont want that to spread around the company.

Its kind of funny how quickly the largest retailer in the US covers thier ass when there is a sexual harassment complaint. :rofl:

I actually have a lot harder time talking/making friends with the women. :dunno:

6. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

I guess I can add my view since I kinda forgot.

My view is I am who I am, and I dont really care what most other people think. However, I mesh quite well into the straight group so that could be part of why I dont really notice different. I mesh so well that when I was in Castro awhile back, I felt extremely out of place. :wtc:

7. coma

coma New Member

Yeah it's a curse, in my opinion. It has cost me my family, career advancement, my mental health, etc. ...blah....time for another beer.

8. Insey

Insey I can feel my cunt contracting

career advancement? based on your sexual orientation? sounds like you need a lawyer.

9. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

Wow. You're not alone. I have felt this way many many times, but never thought to put it in words as you have. You've described it quite well. :o

10. NOVAJock

If you need to talk, you know how to reach me. :o

11. NOVAJock

Not everything can be solved with legal action.

12. bioyuki

bioyuki Ich habe Angst

The alcohol helped :o.

I dunno...Danoldo was in OC yesterday and we ended up chilling on a deserted beach at like 1AM...he smoked out for a little bit and we ended up having a little heart to heart and I guess it kinda made me feel better. :dunno:

I think I just need to talk about this kinda stuff more, that's what my sister says :o

13. bioyuki

bioyuki Ich habe Angst

I have no problems talking about sports and stuff, that's one of the ways I connect with my guy friends. But when they start talking about girls or how good sex was last night its just all :mb: to me. I care about what they're saying but I just can't really relate to them and vice versa when I talk about guys.

No matter how good of a friend I am there are just some things I'll never understand :hs:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2004