My third day of "cutting" and calorie counting...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by remike, Sep 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. remike

remike the second coming

I'm doing about 1500 calories a day. I shoot hoops for 15-30 minutes depending on the mood then do 30 minutes on the elliptical. I lift 3 times a week in between the bball and the elliptical. As long as I have time to cook, I think this will go very well. I feel better already (placebo effect, I'm sure). I eat all my meals at home except for 2 to 3 lunches on campus each week (I'm only eating salads on campus, since there are pretty much no healthy options). My home cooking has been measured portions of fish, chicken, or shrimp depending on the mood as well as fruits and veggies (often raw). I think the biggest difference is comin from me any drinks but water except for the occasional glass of juice or chocolate skim milk (I seriously cannot drink milk without chocolate in it). Today was a lifting day and I feel great. I need to get around to taking some pudgy pics so that I can post my pregress in a month. Btw, I'm 5'10'' 172 with gym attire on.

Oh and I already told my roomate about the plan at hand, so I face ridicule if I stop / fail. :bigthumb:

2. N-Word-Jim

N-Word-Jim Cure for boredom

Congrats on figuring out a plan and laying it out ahead of time.

Either I missed it cause I'm retardedly tired right now or I didn't see a list of goals?

3. Zaffir

Zaffir OT Supporter

How low are you trying to go? I can't imagine you've got a ton to lose at 5'10"@17s :dunno:

4. remike

remike the second coming

I will most likely stop after 10 pounds. 15 max, I don't think I have much more to lose beyond that.

5. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

I'm 5'11-6'0 175 and I'm damn near the end of my cutting... I need to bulk bad however i'm waiting for a while. From the sound of it on the other hand shoudl b bulking.

On another thought, if you are going to cut... 1500 calories is WAY too low... shoot for 12x body weight, 2000 calories at minimum, your 1500 calories is damn near close to putting your body in starvation mode. You also need to make sure you are getting enough protein, low fat, etc. Keep track of your diet on www.fitday.com

6. remike

remike the second coming

Hmm. I was not aware of this. My diet is high in protein, but I didn't think I was putting my body into starvation mode.

7. NJGuy

NJGuy "Fuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmef uckmefuckmefuckmefuckm OT Supporter

Im 5'11 185 and still need/want to cut (goal was 175) but im liking the muscle gains im getting more than looking all trim and shit.

8. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

that's low calories with that much cardio

9. lately

lately bastard OT Supporter

Yeah you should be taking at least 2100 a day... if not more.

10. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

jesus, these threads always make me feel so fat...

5'9'', 192

11. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

While I tend to agree with tryfuhl that it may be too low considering the cardio, it depends also on your current body comp. Someone lean at the same weight will need more calories than say someone above 15% at the same weight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.