SRS My story (alcohol and food)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 7G, May 23, 2008.

1. 7G

7G God

Ive been wanting to get this down in hard copy and figure who better to see it first than people who experienced the same things as me. Sorry if its not the greatest writing or story telling, i just needed to get it out.

I'd always been big, i loved to eat, i never really thought of it as a problem. I was just a "growing boy" but i could eat and eat and never feel full, i ate just for the fun of it i suppose. I was afraid to step on a scale because i knew that it would be a bad number, i didn't wear jeans because i didn't want to tell my mom i needed a 40+ waist at 14. When i was about 17, there came a day when i finally did step on the scale, i was 290, and I'm sure that wasn't my heaviest. I decided enough was enough, i cut back my eating severely and started a much healthier diet, soon i was down to 250, i was so happy that i stayed that weight for a while, then went back up to 270 and stayed that weight for quite a while.

I started working a landscaping job at 18 and my weight dropped back down to 250, but even with the heavy labor i couldn't lose weight, i was back to my old habits of just eating obsessively. I was working hard so i could eat like that right?

At 19, being legally able to buy booze, i started drinking quite heavily and that didn't help matters. I was an eating and drinking machine. Everyday after work i would have at least 6 beers if not more, i was drunk pretty much from Friday night, till Monday morning. This kept up until i was about half way through my 21st year. I would get black out drunk, yell at my GF. I guess i figured it was just youthful partying or whatever.

I really don't know what made my decide to make the change, i guess i was just tired of it all, I couldn't keep it up any longer. I knew that if i didn't do something i was going to dig myself an early grave. I stopped drinking during the week, and cut down to a few drinks on the weekend with friends, i replaced drinking and eating with running and eating healthy. I started to feel the best i had in years, i was shedding the weight like nothing and just feeling great about myself. I think that is what made the transition easier.

I have not stopped drinking completely, but manage to keep it mostly under control. I have fallen off the wagon a few times and just gotten annihilated, but that has spurred me recently to take a stand and completely cut out drinking, with my addictive personality, i know rock bottom is close.

In the end i am now sitting at a steady 180lbs, am in the best shape of my life. I am just loving life now, training for my first Olympic distance triathlon in august. I don't know where i would be if i hadn't made the change, but Im glad i did!

2. ~stangzorized~

~stangzorized~ New Member

I'd go to an AA meeting.. See what you think.

3. William H. Bonney

William H. Bonney New Member

Reason being....