my stg 2 wrx vs. h22 hatch

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by bjonesy77, Aug 21, 2007.

1. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

what do you guys think? we played a little on the highway the other night and I think I would pull on him but im not sure.

I have no idea what he has in his h22 but my wrx has a stage 2 tune, catless up and downpipes and snorkus delete.

what do you guys think?

2. nwmrkt

nwmrkt New Member

o on the highway..h22 in hatch, hard to say...

3. project15

project15 New Member

I think you should stop listing upgrades by stages like neon owners do and call them by their real names such as "14-b turbo", etc...

4. Intro

Intro New Member

it reallly depends on alot of things. hate to give such a vague answer, but when given such a vague question.......

5. angryyoungnpoor

angryyoungnpoor New Member

I'd give it to the hatch.

h22.. 180 hp at most? 2200 pounds. WRX 280 hp at most? 3200 pounds.

WRX's weigh a hell of a lot. You'll get him off the line, but he should fly past you.

6. MercenaryForHire

MercenaryForHire only you know the real truth

More like 180hp at minimum, and the hatch's weight will depend on year and how stripped it is. Depending on where he sourced that H22 from, he'll be between 180 and 220 at the crank before anything gets done.

Heads up race will go as described unless you've got some high-end upgrades, and he'll murder you from a roll since he won't have any traction deficiency.

7. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

"stage 2" is the extent of the ecu map. Its on about 18psi on a moderate tune. It isnt exactly a modification level, but there are requirements to use a stage 2 map.

I just dont know, the hatch just didnt seem all that fast on the highway. maybe it is beat or something, i dont know? but he wants a 30 roll, I dont know how high he wants to go though.

8. angryyoungnpoor

angryyoungnpoor New Member

I'm talkin whp. crank means jack shit unless you're driving just an engine. With intake, full exhaust, and maybe some other stuff done he'd have about 180 hp at most.

but yes. given from a roll, there's not really a question to whom would "win."