SRS My stealing addiction ended tonight

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by rnikec, May 16, 2008.

1. rnikec

rnikec JINGMAO

I was caught. I'm 17 and steal shit from clothes - toothbrushes. I barely pay for anything except food. Today i got greedy and went back into the store to get black hair dye because i have a lot of white hair. Well justice came through and trucked me into the ground.
    I know some of you will make fun of me or give me negative comments on stealing but I'm done now, fuck it. Got caught and nearly shit myself.
    In the end i was let go if i buy it, he didnt question me or anything. I am lucky as fuck to get away with this, i know some of you would like to see me go to jail.
    I'm glad i learned my lesson earlier than later. I knew i would have kept on stealing past 18. That definitly would have put me into jail... Well i just made this post to somewhat help me remind me to stay clean and stop stealing shit. Time to become a responsible adult and get a job and buy my stuff like everybody else.

2. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

You are full of fear right now and relief that you didn't get arrested.

These feelings will become less intense with time and you're likely to steal again.

Yes you were lucky, you won't be lucky for ever and if you continue to steal you WILL eventually be caught.

3. rnikec

rnikec JINGMAO

i hope i don't. I'm praying to god i don't. Ive been basically a bad christian

4. polishillusion

polishillusion New Member

Social Worker time - go talk to one.

If you want support, give us more info and we can possibly point you in the right direction

5. O'Fuck

O'Fuck Guest

I can't quite figure out what christianity has to do with it.

Stealing from others is frowned on in any religion, yes :dunno:

6. The Great Deceiver

The Great Deceiver 21st Century Schizoid Man

If you ever get caught again, society will spit on you, you will face jail time, you will never get a job, you will have no future, and you will eventually die homeless and lonely.

7. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

you are probably christian by circumstance, if you havent made the decision yourself, then that really is an empty statement.

if you are an addict to stealing, then this is just the beginning. If you have stopped for now, it may be a temporary reprieve. You have probably already thought about how unlikely it would be that you would get caught twice.

Get some help. Go to a counselor or therapist.

Your best thinking got you right where you are.

8. k1ko

k1ko OT Supporter

yes dont steal especially after 18. Its pretty much impossible to get any type of respectable job with theft on your record.

9. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I used to steal when I was a kid. It's still tempting sometimes to sneak off with something that interests me but I'm not sure if it's worth the money, but now that I'm making money hand over fist, it's pretty much impossible to justify the risk. Stealing only really makes sense if you think you'll never be able to afford the thing, and if you have any kind of steady job, that's not the case.

10. swordfish

swordfish New Member

So true,a petty theft on your record is worse than a kidnapping in the job world

11. Bugalu

Bugalu OT Supporter

I had a summer addiction to stealing when i was 14-15 or so, and my partents caught me. they took me to the police station and they locke dme in a holding cell for about 20 minutes.

Scared the shit outta me.

I have had no desire to steal since.

12. funkmastamatt

funkmastamatt New Member

don't do it again, its really not worth the risk. I used to have a problem, it was so stupid, it's really just the rush you get from jacking stuff from stores, man it's like heroin or something. Like I used to steal just stupid random ass crap, and the harder or bigger the items the bigger the rush and the ballsier you feel. I eventually got caught like you and was let go with a warning and a "if we ever see you near our store again, we are calling the police". That was the first time I was caught felt just like you, relieved, swore it off that I would never do it again. Then several years later, as an adult I got caught stealing in college, and I was certain I was gonna get fucked big time. But again by some miracle, I was fortunate to be let off with a warning as I had nothing on my record, but man that shit was scary, I thought I was gonna lose scholarships, get kicked out of school, etc, etc. I haven't even thought of stealing since, it's not worth it to ruin your life over some petty shit you can probably buy.

So i guess moral of the story, like someone else mentioned, don't let this be a temporary thing because I am sure at some point you will be tempted to steal again, don't do it.

13. Xicculus

Xicculus OT Supporter

If that was the case, none of the big-time white collar criminals would be in jail today. Think Kucinich, all the Enron people, Adelphia, Global Crossing, etc.

Stealing is as much about the thrill of getting away with it as for the material object itself.

14. k1ko

k1ko OT Supporter

I would say that was more about greed. They were rich and wanted to stay that way even though their companies were going down the tubes.

15. 07

07 18-1

I was the same way, and was caught and let go when I was 18. I am 24 now and I haven't stolen anything since then!