SRS My social life has been going down the shitter

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Sooka, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Sooka

Sooka New Member

I've had a lot of problems including mental issues and taking medications during my middle school years which caused me to have a lot of social anxiety throughout my early years in high school. When I moved during 10th grade I began making new friends and meeting lots of new people and my social anxiety went away for a good four years or so. Recently in the past year and a half I've been struggling with opiate addiction and I've ended up losing a lot of friends who ended up getting extremely bad on drugs. I pretty much stopped partying almost completely and have been spending most of my time sitting at home playing video games and watching TV for the past 8+ months and in that time I stopped talking to like 80% of the people I know including girls and have kind of shut myself off from the world while trying to get off drugs. Well I've been clean off oxycontin for the past two months and have been on and off suboxone and I've noticed that I really don't ever feel like going out and meeting new people anymore. I'm pretty much back to the way I used to be during my early teens and I can't stand it I've just started to hate being around other people again and not only has it been nearly a year since I've gotten any ass but my social skills have been plummeting in general and I really need something to snap me out of this social anxiety phase I've been going through. Does anyone who has went through this kind of thing before have any (preferably non-narcotic) ideas for a solution?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  2. Ari1979

Ari1979 New Member

This sounds identical to my situation except i blame weed and to a certain extent, my girlfriend. The combination of these two things over a number of years has caused me to lose touch with a lot of people. I feel like a loser. I feel like if I were single I would only blaze on rare occasions as opposed to every bloody night. :ugh: I'm high right now!! :rofl:

Anyways, it's obviously not a good situation for either of us. I'm taking measures to immediately change these parts of my life. I may let my gf go and i will certainly stop blazing. They have taken the drive from my life.

3. CheeseDanish

CheeseDanish OT Supporter

I'm In the same situation (except the drugs) and would like to hear some suggestions too :o

4. schmitty101

schmitty101 You might remember me from such films as "Dig your

Same here. I've been like this for years though. The only time I had a social life was when I was in middle school and freshman year of high school. Then my mental problems took over me and I have been a loner ever since. To be honest though I thought a lot of people were lame when I started to become a loner so I didn't really care at first. Eventually I became really lonely and it kills me how I feel like I don't belong. I'm also looking to get out of this slump.