my situation on meeting girls

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Rellik, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Rellik

Rellik New Member

hello! a little about me

i am a caucasian american in my early 20s currently studying in a small-to-mid sized school in eastern europe for english-speaking foreigners

i am below average appearance

i have a 'bad' personality when it comes to female attraction - i am not confident, assertive, cool, or alpha

i live alone in an apartment and have disposable income

i am not very fluent in the local language (grammar mistakes, lack of vocabulary, good enough to get by but not ideal for 'game')

usually, to meet girls i go to clubs. i have had some successes, but they were very few and far between, and most of poor quality considering how exceptionally good looking the majority of girls here are

my friend thinks i should go outside of clubs (whatever that means), he considers them the domain of good-looking alpha males, that i have no business there, and blames that on my lack of success

i, on the other hand, don't really see any other alternatives - i think im the problem, not the venue, and besides, clubs are good because when you get rejected, theres always more options, and theres always more clubs, and of course alcohol makes the whole process go much more fluidly for everyone involved

what is your opinion?

2. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

different venue = different set of rules....getting rejected while talking to a girl at say the grocery is not going to be the same as getting rejected at a club because the playing field is not set there...give it a try wherever you see fit i say....

what country by the way? pics of said hot eastern euro chicks

3. Madwolf

Madwolf New Member

I've always thought girls are more conservative at clubs and bars, and you generally find less success there. :dunno:

4. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

work out, lose weight, gain muscle, fuck bitches, win

5. macbook bro

macbook bro Guest

can you grow a beard?

6. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

dude... the supply/demand in eastern europe is much much better than in the u.s. take advantage!!! :bigthumb:

as for this club business, you know, you CAN talk to women anywhere. if that is too much of a leap, start talking to people everywhere. i know the social rules are probably different there ... perhaps getting somebody to go chatty on you may be tricky, as opposed t here in NYC where it's a cinch. but people need people. if it's hard to start random convo's in that culture then they will make up for it somehow... and not just in the clubs.

day-game

7. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Your friend gives solid advice. You should listen to him. I find the fact that you don't think you can meet women anywhere but at a club to be sad and bizarre.

8. XxvODvxX

XxvODvxX New Member

I don't believe it is your surroundings or the people. More than likely the issue is you. Every time i have gone on vacation to places where i don't even speak the language people have been more than overwhelmingly welcoming and happy to meet me. I think you might want to work on you and become more confident in yourself and more outgoing. I also wouldn't put all my energy in a club either. Experience the area your in, find a place your comfortable in and work on talking to people. (as previously stated for the most part).

9. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

What the fuck are you talking about?

10. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

So take your own advice.

11. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

workin on the first three

12. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

:hsugh: You are hardly bad looking.

13. NCS

NCS Active Member

what country are you in?

different countries/regions are very different but

1) props on saying the problem is you, not the venue
    2) do both. day game and club game
    3) you have to learn to be more confident
    4) take care of your looks
    5) try and just have normal conversations
    6) don't be afraid to lead off with "do you speak english?" once in a while this will work out heavily in your advantage. if they can't, or shrug you off just go "bulgarian will do then" in bulgarian (or whatever language). if you do it right, they'll laugh and you keep plowing.

14. GTP

GTP New Member

Eastern european people are simple creatures compared to North Americans. No games, no stupidity. Be direct, but be respectful and you should be fine.

15. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

Wat? :nuts:

16. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

If you're bad looking, can you improve your appearance?

Wait, people are saying you're attractive.

You probably have confidence and alpha issues like I used to. It can be overcome :bigthumb:

17. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

The Europeans I've seen in American clubs have a very powerful alpha presence, and this is even more the case in European clubs (in America, I mean... I went with some people to a Serbian club once and noticed 3 things:

1. The vast majority of chicks there were 8s or better, something I had never encountered before. Nearly every woman was fit, slim-yet-curvy, and attractive.
    2. The men were all alpha as fuck
    3. I was basically hopeless cuz I didn't speak any Serbian, or know any of the songs or dances (they had a live band)

)

But I was basically on their territory so what was I supposed to do? I just went for the experience.

So uh...

Picking up women in clubs is lame anyway. Day game is 11ty billion times better if for no other reason than chicks don't have their bitch shields up as often so it's easier. And you can actually hear the other person. And you're not getting clubwhores (well, they might be).

Go forth.

18. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

you're lucky you came out alive.

edit: Serb males alpha? :rofl:

19. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

I still just don't get this. I don't believe in the existence of the "bitch shield". It doesn't happen to me, or anyone I know with any sort of real frequency. Most girls will give you a chance, and those that won't are 9.5 out of 10 times more or less polite about it. I find its much easier to work on this then the other shield no one talks about...

The why-are-you-talking-to-me? What-do-you-want? I'm-not-ready-for-this :squint: shield. I find its a lot easier when they know exactly what I want and its just a matter of convincing them to give it to me. bar/club = much more receptive to socialize because its within social norms and expectations as well as just being less surprising.

To me it makes a lot more sense too. If a hot woman came and sat down on my desk right now that had no work related business with me and started talking to me, id be flustered. I wouldn't know where she came from, or what she was doing here, and I'd wonder what she wanted. Sure after stammering some blather for a while I might get it together, but likely id blow it and just think later how i should have capitalized.

If a woman I'd never seen before were to sit on my lap this friday night at a bar, I would not miss a beat.

20. Holliday

Holliday New Member

I spent a Christmas in Belgrade with my Serbian friend. Just me and him staying in his friends apartment for a week. One of the last nights we went out to a club and I was so high I don't really remember things too clearly, but I remember there being A TON of hot girls. I wish I didn't get so high now that I look back on it.

21. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

My mom is Serbian and my dad is Bosnian and i lived in Serbia til i was 11 and frequently visit. I hang out with Serbs/Bosnians here in jacksonville, and maybe it's just because I know all of them and i'm "one" of them that what other people perceive as "alpha", is just the intimidation factor that comes with a group of people that are fairly tall (most of them are 6'3'' +) and speak a different language to me. I don't really see any possibility of how Serbs can be more alpha than other people, once you take the intimidation factor out of it, they're just like everybody else. Some being more "alpha" than others.

22. Holliday

Holliday New Member

I lived in Croatia for five months and there was one Serbian guy on my team who I became really good friends with. He was PIMP. Guy pulled chicks without even trying. I'm not sure if I would call him alpha or not, but he definitely knew the game.

He used to tell me stories of girls in the US when he went to college (he went to college in Colorado) and it was just :bowdown:.

To the OP make a local friend or two, someone that speaks the language and go out with him. It will help.

23. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

Different cultures just promote different things, besides the obvious physical differences. Some cultures just put more emphasis on being macho and masculine.

24. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

karo parysian

/ thread

25. NCS

NCS Active Member

what about western europeans (in your opinion)?

i've noticed that over here things ride more on looks than they do on game/having your shit together. i could go on about this and why forever but i wont.