My sisters boyfriend just dumped her

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by chickenfajitas, Jul 7, 2005.

1. and they have been dating for about 2 years. She is completely heartbroken. Anyone have any ideas for ways to console her?

2. Eris

Eris Yes please

Just let her know you're there for her. I shut people out immediately after my ex and I broke up (nearly 6 yrs).

But it was nice to know that when I was ready to talk about it or just needed comfort someone was willing to be there for me.

Unforunately ... time is what she'll ultimately need to get past it.

3. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

Talk some shit about him

4. zysus

zysus New Member

Liquor, Tissues and Violent Movies. (w/o sex in them...) This is tried and true.
    OR
    Ben and Jerry's by the Pint... that's also key.

5. lauren

lauren Active Member

cliche as it sounds, time heals all. if it wasnt ment to be, theres nothing she could have done to stay together, sooo...best drown your sorrows quick and get over it asap.

good luck. dont push to talk about it, but do try to get her out and doing stuff, meating poeple. sooner she rebounds...the better.

6. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

tub of ice cream? movies? bake cookies? isn't that what girls do when they're depressed? :mamoru: get comedies, not dramas and not chick flicks because they involve guys and love. after it's done spend a few hours talking. encourage her to open up as it'll make her feel better. just listen to her pour her heart out and agree with everything she says. the human heart can take a lot of emotional punishment and bounce right back. she will definitely be able to love someone new even more

7. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

sounds like a good time for a drunkin night around town! booze will dull her pain, if at least for a little while.

8. gibhunter

gibhunter New Member

NIN (Nine inch nails) worked for me, but that was a hell of a long time ago (about 8 years).
    1) Break off all contacts.
    2) Find someone else.
    3) Get busy with work, hobbies etc.

9. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

Okay, I agree with the ice cream and drinking, and taking her out to have a good time. But make sure she DOES NOT rebound. Tell her to wait at LEAST six months before getting into anything serious. This will just start a viscious cycle that she does not want to play in. Also suggest that she COMPLETELY stop talking to the now ex. If not she could fall into the does he love me or does he not game, and continue to go back to him and let him repeatedly hurt her. So, take her out, have a great time, let her come to you to talk about it. Just let her know that this is not the end of the world, and she will wake up tomorrow to a brand new day :)

10. Well I dont know, I mean you know what they say... The best way to get over someone is to get under someone new!

11. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

then make out with her :dunno:

12. booxbooxkittie

booxbooxkittie New Member

Let her know that you are there for her if she EVER needs anything. Don't push her toward talking or anything. My brother dated this girl for 4 years and they just broke up a few months ago. I just let him know that I will ALWAYS be there for him no matter what and I did not push anything. He came out and talked to me. The boy and I were dating for a lil over a year and a half and we are kinda splitting up right now. I know that my brother will do the same for me :(