My shoulder really hurts and I have the gym tonight

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by _Kanwisher!, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Kanwisher!

_Kanwisher! Guest

My last real lift day was thursday, and when I woke up today and bent my left arm to get something I felt some pain. Just a lot of discomfort, seems like there is a sweet spot of pain if I lift my arm in short sudden movements like a front dumbbell raise or drop my arm really fast. What's the best remedy for healing this injury?

2. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

Rest. Ice. Ibuprofen.

3. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

shoulder traction with a jumpstretch band

4. _Kanwisher!

_Kanwisher! Guest

it's that waterbury method, it seems kind of intense, anyone have an opinion on his lifting advice, something better for hypertrophy that I can follow?

Won't hurt my feelings to change my routine earlier than later.

It has me running every other day, and lifting 3, let me find the link

5. _Kanwisher!

_Kanwisher! Guest

6. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

get rid of upright rows, they are shoulder wreckers

7. nosrine11

nosrine11 New Member

I also have been doing the Chad Waterbury training. I just started on week 5. So I will be doing chest twice a day.:noes: Kinda wonderin about this whole thing but I have gone this far so I plan on finishing it out. What are your thoughts so far on this program?

8. _Kanwisher!

_Kanwisher! Guest

My arm seems to be getting worse, I think it was overkill for me personally to be running like it said and doing the timed supersets all after doing 10x3 squats. Not to mention I work out with my beginner lifter cousin (who took a weekoff and didn't do this routine) and I just know it would have been impossible for him, he would have been too weak to continue (which I started to feel) I just didn't seem to be getting 100% of a workout, felt like each lift made me signifigantly weaker for the next.

9. _Kanwisher!

_Kanwisher! Guest

I'm reading up on 5x5 routine I'm getting my 1RM and 5RM on some of my missing lifts probably on thursday/friday so hopefully by then my shoulder will have healed more so I can begin the routine on Monday.

10. nosrine11

nosrine11 New Member

Thats funny, I was actually thinking about bailing on this waterbury and start the 5x5. I also feel just drained and weak. I think I will give it until monday and then I will switch.

11. _Kanwisher!

_Kanwisher! Guest

It's not like I was wimping out on it, I just can't imagine putting on any muscle on that program, I felt drained doing exactly what it said, i guess I have a weak nervous system, on the bright side my left arm feels completely healed, wasn't thinking about my gym being closed today though, i'll have to go today (Friday)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.