GUN My school is closed due to threats tomorrow

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RyeLou, Apr 14, 2008.

1. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I typed everything and realized it wasn't as WMD related as I thought, so here is a picture of the gun I'm getting.

[​IMG]

Cliffs: The article isn't really worth reading. School closed at least through Monday due to 3 threats found in mens rooms in 3 different buildings. Local PD/FBI investigating.

Here is the story:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080413/METRO02/804130319

Rant

I've gone to school there since Sept. '01. I have my last class on Thursday, and will have 172 credits as of 9:55pm Thursday evening. Being there for so long has never bothered me. I switched majors so many times I figured I might as well just stick around and get the degrees I want out of it. I had considered going one more semester to get another degree in a computer field, but decided against it. This just confirms my thoughts already.

I do realize this isn't the schools fault. However, if this is the way the school is going because of all of their changes over the years, and the way colleges seem to be going in general then fuck that. It's actually sad. In MI you're aloud to carry everywhere on college campusus but in the dorm buildings and in the classrooms (the actual room, the halls and what not are fine) Had I gotten my CCW earlier I would have been carrying a while ago. I hope by dumb luck I stumble across the faggot who made the threats before anyone else finds him. I'd see to it that he got what was coming to him. Whether he acts on his threats or not, he's no different in my mind than the VT guy or Columbine or whoever...they're all better off dead.

/Rant

2. mvizos

mvizos New Member

You know, a lot of people go to college for seven years.

they're called doctors.

I really have nothing to add to this thread, apart from a couple lines from one of the greatest movies ever...and yes, I know it's not seven years yet...but close.

3. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Yea I've heard all the jokes. The family loves laying it on pretty thick about doctors/lawyers.

4. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

It's all good, I've been in college for 4 years and I'm still 3 away from a degree :mamoru:

Dicked around for 3 years at a community college before I got my shit together. At least I didn't waste my parents money at a "real" college while I was being an idiot :dunno: Wasted 3k in tuition instead of 45k...and some of the credits transfer for the gen-ed portion of what I'm doing now, so it wasn't a complete waste :o

5. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I paid for all 7 years. Not a CC but it wasn't a state one either so it wasn't quite as bad.

6. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

Yea, I'm lucky in the fact that my parents put up with it for this long. I'm going to end up paying for my senior year. Not because they won't pay, but because I feel so bad about them paying for the rest. At least I got all the partying shit out of me while at a CC rather than at an actual 4 year school :o

7. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I'm finishing my 5th and final year of undergrad next week, celebrating 1 year at a private university, 1 year at a CC and one year at a State university. All my transfers were voluntary I just wasn't happy at the first place (or at least I wasn't when I made my decision) a school with 2100 students was a little too small.

8. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Mine started at 12k in '01 and now we're at a little more than 18k with no major changes to deal with 6,000 more students.

9. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Scrotum: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D060; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

10. Furner

Furner New Member

ive been in school for 6 years, and i need another year to finish. community college sucks, it was a complete waste of time. i would have actually graduated sooner if i didnt go to CC.

11. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

7 years? Seriously :rofl:

Man I fnished my undergrad with 140 credits in 3.5 years.

12. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Van Wilder?

13. mvizos

mvizos New Member

:ugh:

No.

14. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

What movie?

15. mvizos

mvizos New Member

tommy boy

16. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

:gives:

I had friends finish bachelors and masters within 4 years. I had no problem being there for 7.

17. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Ditto. I'm at work right now. 55 - 60 hours of work over 6 days a week with anywhere from 1 to 4 classes a semester.

18. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

I'll be graduating in two weeks with my undergrad in 3 years. Should be another year for my masters.

19. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

Plan on staying a Nole for graduate studies? I'm hoping to stay in the area for a year or two and then go back into school elsewhere.

20. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

Sure am, I wouldn't consider anywhere else. Already accepted, just need to get the whole graduation thing out of the way.