My Roush Stage 2

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by GuiltySparc, Apr 19, 2004.

1. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

Heres my 2000 Roush Stage 2 mods are many....

The roush package : body kit, wheels (18x9 frnt 18x10 rear), interior stuff (seats, pedals), cat-back side exhaust, Roush Springs, Bilstein shocks/struts, Roush Control arms

What i've done : Mac fender mount intake, BBK long tube headers and HPipe, 3.73 gears, superchips chip, Pro5.0 shifter

The first couple are before i got the front end repainted to match the car...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After i got the front end painted....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

finally, the interior...

[​IMG]

heres a link to my page with more pics and information http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/260157/2

What do you all think?

Nathan

2. KeeperOfAcheron

KeeperOfAcheron I dub thee Sir Phobos, Knight of Mars, beater of a

For once....a damn nice mustang. Very clean and well done. I like it alot. After everything, what numbers do you have? We have a Roush run out at our autocross and he does pretty damn well...

3. ZimDogg

ZimDogg New Member

4. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

well, the stock GT puts out 260hp at the crank, i expect i put out around 300 at the crank...maybe around 260 or 270 rwhp....not many power mods, mostly suspension. As far as 1/4 times, i'm not sure, the track near the house is really bad so i've never taken it up there, but, i would expect mid 13s out of it with a good launch.

But ya, Roush does extremely well in autox considering the car its working with...they say the S2 susp holds .95 laterals with the big wheels (if you get the roush wheel option like on mine).

Thanks for compliments guys.

Nathan

5. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

Do you have any gripes about the car? I am in the market and deciding between a roush mustang and a corvette. I want something that has good strait line potential (at least low 11s). I'm not sure what a GT can handle. I know nothing about mustangs :hs:

But, beautiful car!

6. ZimDogg

ZimDogg New Member

im a mustang lover but honestly, low 11s would be easier to reach in a vette. If you put a lingenfelter turbo on that thing youd defanitely see 11s

7. Lethal

Lethal OT Supporter

A marylander! Where are you located? Very nice car by the way.

8. MattyCakes

MattyCakes Guest

Maybe a little faster than that because slicks might get you in the 11s with a Z06.

9. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

Thanks for the honest opinion :) I am going to test drive both cars before I make a final decision.

10. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

low 11s is really fast....VERY few streetable cars will ever see that. Between a Roush and a Vette is hard choice. I assume your going with a Stage 3 Roush (the s/c one that runs a 12.5)? If so its abotu 50,000...so a little more than a C5 but it is faster. The thing is this, Roush cars a very rare and so you would have that over the vette. The Roushs also handle better than thee Vettes (roush suspenion pulls about .95 lateral Gs). As far as performance goes though, you could by a C5 and put a blower on it and beat most everything, lol.

You should go to www.fnsweet.com and post a thread there. There are several guys there who own both a Z06 and a Roush Stage 3...see what they think. From what they have said a stock Z06 and a Stage 3 are about the same in the performance department. Good luck!

Nathan

11. Corvettes4Life

Corvettes4Life New Member

12. MBC

MBC Guest

very nice!

13. NT2SHBBY

NT2SHBBY New Member

I like the car, but the kit is too rice for me

14. chad2261

chad2261 New Member

:ugh: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I really hope you're kidding.

15. NT2SHBBY

NT2SHBBY New Member

lets see.....the black pieces at the bottom, the side skirts coming out WAYYYYYYY further than they should have, the HUGE ricer wing on the trunk that must add 50hp :greddy: :rolleyes:

oh and wait, are those side pipes exiting out the side skirts??? :ugh: :rofl:

16. chad2261

chad2261 New Member

not trying to be a dick but have you ever seen a Roush Mustang before?

obviously my definition of rice differs from yours since the guy driving the Nissan with a Stillen body kit and big chrome wheels is calling a Roush Mustang rice... :ugh:

17. NT2SHBBY

NT2SHBBY New Member

uh well...the definitio of "rice" as we know it is somethin that is outta place on the car...

IMO an american muscle car should NEVER have a kit, it just doesnt belong....on a Japanese car, fine as long as its tasteful....

I also could never put a kit on a bimmer or benz likewise, unless it was subtle, like my stillen kit

yeah i coulda went all out and thru on custom bumpers but like I said, I am anti-rice

my $.02

18. chad2261

chad2261 New Member

I've always defined 'rice' as adding fake or unneccessary/nonfunctioning performance parts to a vehicle to make it *look* fast when it actually is not. I.E. outrageous body kits, nonfunctioning hood scoops, huge rear wings, large outlet mufflers, fake BOV, stickers of performance names not present on the car...

now if this were a V6 Mustang with a Roush body kit and a bunch of stickers... :ugh:
    as it is, I say this is a perfect example of a pretty fuckin sweet car. I'm not much of a Mustang fan but this is a real eye catcher. :)

19. ZimDogg

ZimDogg New Member

you need to be shot in the face

20. NT2SHBBY

NT2SHBBY New Member

how am I a hypocrite u stupid faggot hick??? an envoy IS a sonoma, same chassis, different platform you faggot bitch....

go look it up...same 4.3 vortec.... oh wait I wouldnt know this because I never owned a 99 Chevy Blazer for 2 years that I beat the shit out of... :rolleyes:

you my friend are an assclown :fawk:

another intelligent ricer hick talkin out his ass......post some pix of your riceburner please.....

oh wait, you're probably another clown who drives a primer red pickup truck and calls it "american muscle" right?? :rofl: :rolleyes: :fawk:

21. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

wow...thats the first time my car has ever been called rice. Well lets see, the black parts on the bottom were like that when i bought it and as far as i know its the only Roush that was like that. But i didnt like that which is why i got them painted to match.

"Huge Rear Wing"? Its really not that big, it looks a big in the rear shot, but other than that i dont really know what your talking about, and if you looked at my post about my power output its not an outrageous claim, lol. So you think its ok to have a big wing on an import? Thats fine, but since most imports are fwd it doesnt really make sense, and that is rice to me.

How far out do you think the side skirts go? Unless you like skirts that are totaly flush with the rest of the body then i guess these stick out:dunno: .

And whats wrong with side pipes? They sound great, when Roush came out with this version of the car in '99 car and driver said it has the best sounding factory exhaust ever. Plus, if you looked at my mods, its not just mufflers or whatever, its total exhaust with full length headers and h-pipe. I'm not flaming you man, but i just dont see how my car is rice.

I'm into imports just as much as domestics, if its fast i dont really care who made it. The bottom line is i dont care what you think...your the only person i have EVER talked to that didnt like my car or said it was rice. Plus i think its funny that everyone else on this thread thinks your out of your mind, lol.

Nathan

Last edited: Apr 29, 2004
  22. bama3300

bama3300 Guest

nice car, more of a fan of the saleen though. a car that would smack a roush stage 1-3 and a vette for about half the price, www.hinsonsupercars.com

23. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

Wow... I just realized my sonoma got drug into this thread.....

you can't really compare swapping parts from an envoy -> sonoma to a camaro -> firebird. Yeah, they are both F-bodies, but they are completely different body lines, ect... up until 00 I believe the sonoma/jimmy/envoy all shared the same front clips, so envoy lights wouldn't look out of place on a sonoma/jimmy because they are the exact same shape of lights, just the lenses are different.

Ohh yeah.. back on topic.

very very very nice stang.

24. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

saleens are priced the same as roush's and the s/c roushes put down a touch more hp than the s/c saleens except for the extreme, but then again thats a $60,000 mustang.

Nathan

25. PleaseEatSomeShit

PleaseEatSomeShit 1-900-RAT-FUCK