My roommate wants this girl but...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Happyclover, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Happyclover

Happyclover New Member

Ok, so here's the story:
    My roommate has been hungering for this girl lately, like the last three weeks. It's not like he wants to just have a one night stand or anything, he wants a real relationship. But she has a boyfriend and it's kind of a problem. So he invited her over tonight and she brought her boyfriend and all of his friends. Oh, and he's a tool. It's just wierd because she complains about how controlling and annoying to her, but all of her friends are his friends and she feels like if they break up, she'd be alone. It's not like this is something out of the blue, she's been leading him on for a while, they go for late night walks, get drunk together, look at the stars, etc. We took this as a sign of her liking him since she's only on campus on the weekends because her boyfriend lives here and she goes to another college. In any case, I'm thinking about just telling him to ell he next time their alone to tell her how he feels. I feel like he might lose any chance soon. What does everyone feel?

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

If it's already been a couple of weeks, and she hasn't done anything, it's not going to go anywhere.

If she did like your roommate, she would have ended things with her bf.

She's now just using your roommate for extra attention, aside from what she gets from her bf.

He needs to move on.

3. Happyclover

Happyclover New Member

yeah, thats him, its just something new in the story and this is kind of my part in the situation, he's my best friendand this is starting to dpress him, so I'm trying to look out for his best interest

4. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

He's being her therapist. Any time a guy becomes a therapist, he's pretty much done.

She's a lot smarter than either of the two guys who are giving her attention. So much so that I really cannot write enough.

As much as he is your best friend, may I suggest that you tell him to learn from his mistakes? So many guys simply ignore the reality of the matter, and pursue the unattainable for far too long.

From http://www.alovelinksplus.com/advice/dating_self_help.htm

Read that carefully: "Integrity, made up of Loyalty, Trust, and Honesty; Giving; and Flexibility."

She has no integrity. She has no loyalty. She has no trust. She has no honest. Flexibility? Yeah, she's so flexible she's seeing two men behind, no, IN FRONT of them and they have such low standards that they tolerate being mistreated so much.

Really. Your friend MUST learn to raise his standards. He is being used. There is no doubt in my mind.

Chances are there are 2-3 other women who are interested in your friend, and if your friend would get over the one-itis (Google that, seriously) he'd likely meet a woman who REALLY likes him. ;)

5. Happyclover

Happyclover New Member

well, that's the other thing, there is another girl, so there is no "one-itis" and also, i semi-agree with you all, there is a certain lack of integrity on all parts, but he is pursuing other options

6. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Yeah, her boyfriend is spot-on, and once he gets a clue he'll dump her. Then sooner or later, assuming your friend hits her, he'll dump her too.

Seriously, dude, tell him to RAISE HIS STANDARDS. Shes bottom of the barrel. He - ANY guy - could do SO much better. Why settle?

7. Abomb

Abomb New Member

need moar noodey pics jesus piece can never get enough

8. Abomb

Abomb New Member

booorrrriiiinnng.

moar pics :bigthumb:

9. Schproda

Schproda New Member

She could be using your friend to make his man jealous. Then again, she may be giving him reason to be controlling and protective or whatever it is. If these two have been together for a while and she leaves him for your friend, there's no saying she wouldn't go right back to her "habit".

10. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

:werd: Sad but true.

11. BigErn

BigErn OT Supporter

:rofl: "your roommate"

12. Punkeemnky

Punkeemnky New Member

ok so I'm dating the guy who started this thread, and am friends with the roommate, ( I basically live with these guys) I'm also becoming friends with the girl who we all want to be his girlfrield. ANYWAY. here is my side of the story. (and the last side) the girl is very interested because she wouldnt talk to him for hours at a time online, and ditch her boyfriend to look at stars with him, plus her boyfriend treats her like shit, she even told me that she's sick of him calling her over to visit and wanting her to do stuff, she feels used. plus this is how big of a jerk he is, i literally almost kicked him out of the room and i dont even live there, so she fell asleep and he wanted to draw on her face with sharpie, plus he sat on her head and farted, and to top it all of he said "i'm gonna take her home and have sex with her, hey its not rape if shes my girlfriend, or if its in the ass" oh yeah and she's a virgin. so yeah i hate him, we all do
    THE END

13. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Til the dumps the boyfriend, she cant be too damn interested in this guy. If I had a BF, who treated me like shit, and found someone I liked.....BAM, his ass would be left in the dust, and Id be living it up with the new guy. Til she leaves him, the only thing she is doing is leading him on and no one likes to be lead on, nor should they be.

14. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

The problem? All this negativity surrounding the boyfriend is very hypnotic. In fact, it is part of the reason why folks stay in abusive relationships. This type of controlling behavior by her boyfriend is also the basis for mind control techniques employed by cults and fanatic groups around the world. Literally the more problems he creates, the more drama he makes, the stronger her attraction to him - albeit in an unhealthy manner.

As nice as this girl is, she lacks the self confidence to break it off with her boyfriend because this new guy is not nearly exciting enough. Why go from wild crazy to ... who knows ... passive and boring? It's a big change, and one that many woman are not into.

If she really likes our hero, she will need to make herself available, and take the risk of being happy.

15. Punkeemnky

Punkeemnky New Member

Breaking news.....
    she broke up with the boyfriend
    HA!

16. dguy

dguy She smells like angels ought to smell.

Tell him to abort. I don't care if she breaks up with her boyfriend, this is not going to end well.

17. otherlank

otherlank OT Supporter

word. now all the roommate has to do is keep treating her the same way he always has been. no confessions of love or anything necessary. if she really does want something from him, it'll happen on its own.

18. Black Jackal

Black Jackal New Member

I find it so annoying when people bitch about reasons why they shouldn't like who they're with, but they won't break up with them because they "love" them or (insert paranoid reason here).

19. Welsh0913

Welsh0913 OT Supporter

Fuck I am in a similar situation.

I started developing feelings for this girl, whom we have many mutual friends, around mid-September. I was reluctant to get involved at first because I knew that she had recently (somewhat) had gotten out of a long term relationship with her boyfriend (who was her first) and a mutual friend did tell me that she still had feelings for him. We hang out for a couple of weeks and then randomly early October I see through fucking FACEBOOK that she got back with her boyfriend. I shrug this off, tell myself that I didn't invest too much and that there are other poon to be pursued. I don't talk to her for a week and she starts texting me again, while we are both at a different college town one night. Confuses me again.

Last weekend I saw her again, first time I've seen her since she got back with her exboyfriend. And shes very affectionate, kissing me on the cheeks and big hugs. She introduces me to one of her girlfriends, whispers something, and I notice that she starts giggling (females :hsd: ). It was not until she saw me talking to another girl until she really pined for attention almost. And then we start making out. Yada yada fast forward an hour and I get frustrated kind of and tell her that she's giving me mixed signals. She looks almost shocked when I tell her this. We talk until about 4 AM over what really happened and shit and apparently the reason why that she was so cold to me was that people were telling her that all I wanted from her was sex, which was not the case. I was dumbfounded by this. Somehow she got the idea that I was a man-whore.

I know she's been thinking about breaking up with him, they've been back together for just a few weeks now and shes said that its become how it used to be and him being an asshole. Tonight I think I might be seeing her again for a little bit.

Girls :hs:

20. Minkish

Minkish Tomorrow's as close as yesterday