My ride... In progress.

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by BADASSADOR, Jan 27, 2005.

1. BADASSADOR

BADASSADOR New Member

Pretty much complete except the system which I'll probably put in this weekend and the dash needs a little work. I have a 10 disk changer I'm putting in the trunk. So when you look inside the car it will all look stock (except way better with the nicer carpet and vinyl seats) and I'll keep the remote under the dash on a reel so when I take it out all I gotta do is drop it and it'll go back in.

New seats, carpet, paint and of course engine. Has long tube headers and flowmasters. Getting a carb soon.
    343 V8 5.6

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1968 AMC Ambassador. AKA Badassador! :hsd:

2. BADASSADOR

BADASSADOR New Member

Can't tell really from the picture but the paint has silver metal flake that looks really good in the sunlight. The original paint wasn't much off except no metal flake.

3. BADASSADOR

BADASSADOR New Member

I'd really like to find the 2dr convertible model but all AMC's are very few and far between so I'll settle for a 94-96 Impala SS! ;)

4. revelry

revelry New Member

Bad ass, how much that cost you all up? Metal flake paint job expensive?

5. BADASSADOR

BADASSADOR New Member

:cool:

Well, see it was my brother-in-laws car, he got it about 7 years ago. About 3 years ago he tore it completely down and had it painted and never got around to getting it back together and fixed up so it sat in his garage. I wasn't old enough to drive then (I'm 19 now) but I always liked the car.. So back in June I told him if he'd help restore it, I'd pay and take the car cause he bought a Chevelle that he was wanting to restore.. So I have about $1000.00 in the engine, $250 in the seats ONLY because a nice neighbor did them, upholstery shops wanted around $900 to do the seats and this lady did an AWESOME job for really cheap.. So to answer your question, I'm not sure how much the paintjob cost but I'll ask next time I talk to him cause I've been wondering that too.

So total I have less then $1500 in it! :naughty:

6. CarlsV6

CarlsV6 Guest

Man, that's awesome. Been some very cool, different, rides popping up here lately.

7. BADASSADOR

BADASSADOR New Member

Thanks!

I'm thinking about putting bigger wheels on it. Maybe 17's. It has 14's now.

Oh yeah, anyone seen short tube headers for an Ambassador? I had to cut and weld my right header to get around the transmission dipstick so it only has like a 3 inch clearence! :( So any of the old style speed bumps, it scrapes and sounds like sh!t.