My relationship dilemma...need some advice

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by cryptonomicon, May 27, 2005.

1. cryptonomicon

cryptonomicon verba volant, scripta manent

My girlfriend and I had dated for a while, and about 3 months ago decided we needed a break because we both (well mostly me, but her a little too) had shit going on that we needed to deal with, but we still had mutual feelings for each other. Throughout this time we talked constantly and about a month ago decided, with my approval and consent, that she should try to start dating again because I wasn't sure when or if I would be able to be with her again soon.

So one of my buddies had a friend who was single, and turns out hes a great guy, really friendly, funny, smart, etc...and we got them to start dating, and they did and my girlfriend did this just to try something out again, since I wasn't able to be with her. A week ago though we were talking again and both thought that we would be able to get back together soon. But the problem is with this guy, who doesn't really know the whole story about what's been going on since they've been dating only three weeks or so.

My predicament here is classical: what would be the best way for her to go about breaking things off with him without hurting him, because he really is a great guy. I mean, I know it sounds simple enough, and am half expecting responses like "just tell her to say what you told us, and he'll understand." The thing is, it would seem a lot like we (or my girlfriend at least) are just fucking with his head, and I know if it were turned on me this way I would suspect the same things. So, if anyone's got any ideas how to gently break things off, I'd appreciate hearing them :) Thanks guys

edit: ages, duh...sorry, we're all 19

2. scholar

scholar New Member

So your girlfriend has basically led him on while you two knew you both wanted to get back together asap? I don't think he will understand.

3. Shelby500

Shelby500 New Member

dont tell him whats going on.

4. FOoM

FOoM En Vogue-

Just have her break it off, why involve him with your drama and situation. It would be much kinder to let him know as little as possible. I sure as hell wouldnt want to hear the story if I was him.