MIL My recruiter...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Big Red, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Big Red

Big Red New Member

Committed suicide earlier this week, because he didnt want to go back to Iraq. While he was in Recruiting he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder so i dunno if thry really should have let him stay in the military but that isnt my call.
    Anyway, he left behind 3 little girls and a young wife, so i thought i would ask the barracks to pray for his family.

2. NPH

NPH Guest

3. Big Red

Big Red New Member

i really dont know alot about any kind of funding, but since he committed suicide, i dont think his family will get any kind of life insurance policy. i will try to find out more today. but my recruiters only know so much since he wasnt any recruiting anymore. i am trying to find out about his memorial, i dont know where it is going to be, the last place i knew that he was assigned to was some unit in Iowa, he was the active component if im not mistaken.

4. Sharkticon

Sharkticon The safest place in combat is on an AEGIS Class Gu

Chances are he left his family with the clothes on their backs and whatever is left in their bank accounts. Suicide is not a basis for death gratuity.

You can't sue military. Not even military doctors for malpractice or misdiagnosis.

We (the military) have a lot of people on AD who have been diagnosed with some sort of bi-polar disorder.

5. Big Red

Big Red New Member

actually i found out last night since this war started with iraq that you can collect the life insurance policy of your loved one if they commit suicide. also there is some kind of organization that will send the family like 11,000 over the weekend. i hope that thathelps them somewhat but i still dont know much about the surroundings of his death.