A&P My Rebel Ti crapped out on me...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by StealthMode, Feb 4, 2005.

1. StealthMode

StealthMode Active Member

The film won't advance, and the shutter isn't working either. For the past couple days it's gotten worse, it wouldn't advance the film, so today I stopped in at a local camera shop and they confirmed what I thought, no advance, and the shutter isn't working. Bad part is, it is only about 6 months old... :ugh: Luckily it is still under warranty I believe, so I am going to take it back to the dealer I got it from on saturday when I get back to MN.

Sort of debating on just grabbing a Digi Rebel, but I am not sure it is worth it atm.. It's 4x the price :o But in the long run it will pay for itself in film/developing costs.. Oh the decisions..

Any ideas what caused my cam to take a shit on me? I've always taken very good care of my cameras, so I don't think it is anything I did.

2. Afterimage

Afterimage Guest

Shit happens, things break.

3. StealthMode

Well, that I knew :p

4. Afterimage

Afterimage Guest

Then why ask? Things break. You've got a warranty so use it and be done with it. My old Nikon had the shutter break on it 3 months after I bought it. I got it fixed and it's worked for 19 years since then.

5. StealthMode

Juuuust wondering if anyone had any ideas why it broke possibly, maybe it's a problem with this model, I don't know. No need to get your panties in a bunch.