MMA my rashad evans rant

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by The Ripper, Aug 21, 2007.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

i was watching tito vs rashad again and omg the way this guy fights annoys me. hes bobbin and weaving from 8 feet away and you see him throwing combos at the air when he is far as shit out of range wtf

2. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

:werd:

A) don't nickname yourself "Sugar" unless you have some of the best hands on earth.
    B) don't try and be flashy and bait people and hang your lead arm low as fuck and bob and move, etc.. unless you are one of the best boxers around.

I agree with Matt Hughes on this one. Rashad is too god damn cocky and someone needs to KHTFO.

I can't believe Greg Jackson lets him act like that and fight like that. I would be embarrassed to be associated with him and his performance.

I hope he wins so he can be Shogun's next TUF victim.

3. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

me and my freinds call his style poser boxing because it looks like hes trying so hard to be a boxer but hes not

4. smartypants

smartypants New Member

It's peacocking.
    He fights like Apollo Creed

5. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

rofl agreed completely. he should stick to kicking OSU wrestlers in the head.

6. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

:greddy:

7. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

He mentioned in an interview sometime after the tuf win that he did the bob and weave juke style not as a "hotdoggin" tactic, but rather he feels nervous and is trying something unorthodox to try and get an opening and throw his opponent off. Either because he feels that he lacks skill or size compared to his opponent.

But yeah its super gay and that shit needs to stop. I'd rather see him go for flying armbars/triangles.

I hate the way he fights and a lot of fighters are using this same approach of out pointing to gain victory. Sherk, kos, rashad, and tito are trying to turn mma into boxing.

8. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

His confidence excedes his ability he is just lucky he fought Tito and well Titos gonna have dramas knocking you out unless your name is Ken Shamrock.

9. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah i think tito got exposed in that match if he wasnt already in alot of peoples eyes. its not really a big deal to fight and beat shamrock in his current stage and with the lidell fight he just got beat by a better fighter. with his track record and for who he is supposed to be in the mma game he should have beat rashad evans. In that match I was disapointed with both fighters. in that fight I was actually pulling for rashad

10. acidix

acidix Ua mau, ke ea o ka `aina, i ka pono

That is the weakest rant ever, 2 sentences? Thats more like the steam coming off coffee.

I'm not knocking the style, I'm chalking it up to him being nervous and trying to psyche himself out. You see fighters all the time doing weird things on the way into or in the ring when they are nervous. They do things that are uncharacteristic.

11. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

does not make it smart and or acceptable (if you are a coach or someone betting on him). It is stupid, it is a bad idea, it will be taken as cocky, and if he trianed at a serious MT gym instructors would beat on him till he stopped it.

If he does it again I would never put money on a GJ fighter again.