My rant and my opinion

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by PurEvl, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PurEvl

PurEvl going out gassed and not half assed...

The thread I created a few nights ago got me to thinking and its time to express whats on my mind. What EVERYONE doesnt relize in here is that the same formula I use is the same one that every single person in here can use to achieve there goals unless they want to be PL'ers then they shouldnt be worrying about the mirror. Muscle is a bi product for a PL'er. If people are looking to be strong yet look muscular then BB'er is the way to do it. I can lift more then most of the PL'ers at my gym (there not elite but you get the point) But I also know some PL'ers that look as good as BB'ers. Strength is a bi product for a BB'er. It goes both ways. I suggest people figure out wtf there goals are before they choice a side or someones advice. Most of you are all confused and so distracted from all the bullshit cut and pastes studys by JOE BLOW you never stick to one thing. You all try to do westside, or MAX OT, or some other flavor of the week. If your just getting into this game(less then 2 years in my eyes) then you have barely created a base for yourself. The biggest problem with people now adays is everyones looking for a shortcut whether it be some stupid steel cut oats bullshit, the latest low GI carb craze or whatever else I have seen cut and pasted in here. 99% of the shit posted in here has never been done by the people talking about it. I dont give a shit what someone else says cause theres a good chance it wont work for 3 out of 4 people. Everyone is very different and people need to gain experience before they can give advice. Have you ever heard me tell someone something about PL'ing, NO, cause I got no business talking about it since I have never done it. I could run out and cut and paste something from a study for you and look like I know but Im not a hypocrite. What you see is what you get with me, anything I talk about I have done/tried for myself and seen how it works. If someone wants my opinion I let them know about it but I also let them know I have never tried it so its all best guess.

So to end my rant I will say in summary, find out wtf you want from lifting/dieting. Then make the choice on the advice you should be getting after. Find something and stick to it for longer then 2 weeks. My best advice to the guys starting out keep it simple stupid. A very basic diet and routine is all you need. Im here to help but I dont go crazy on the board since I dont care if someone whos been lifting for 2 years thinks they know more and im wrong. So anyone who wants MY help can contact me through pm or aim anytime guys. Ok im done.

One warning, this is a no BS thread as well. Stupid shit will be pruned. Do not attack each other in here. Atack me if you feel the need though.

2. cunninglinguist

cunninglinguist RAEPERQUICKING

I will attack you with words only.

I would like to write a letter expressing my discontent with you on your back

3. PurEvl

:rofl:

4. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

:werd:

stick to the basics. whether it be for bodybuilding or powerlifting, strength or hypertrophy.

when i started getting more serious about lifting again in early 2001 (i've been doing it on and off for the last 19 years), I asked alot of questions and i searched the internet and i found more than enough info on how to gain muscle mass, lose fat, get stronger, get more fit, etc. Scientific studies here, proven methods there, old school methods over yonder.

I was changing my routine and methods every other week and trying new shit all the time. What ended up working for me? Dropping all the scientific bullshit i read about and going back to the basics.

And when I get back to the gym, I'll be going back to the basics again.

Stick to the basics. that's my opinion.

5. UncleJohn

UncleJohn "That guy"

I agree, in order to look good, all you need to do, is eat, rest, lift period. Think about it like this, Bodybuilding is like a slow trip around the world.

6. PNHWrestler

PNHWrestler A broken wrist can severely harm one's sex life!

7. sprite

sprite Active Member

PurEvl...

Why don't you write up a good "base" bodybuilding routine like christophers has done for powerlifting? That routine is good all around, but is slanted more towards developing strength/power than hypertrophy.

8. PurEvl

I believe chris's was a well known routine many pl'ers use, also its not the same for a PL'er as it is for a BB'er type, I dont have anything like that. I would have to write it on my beliefs. I dont think its fair to just force my opinion on anyone. I need to do it on an individual level with people. Which I do privately though AIM usually . Anyone who I have helped can chime in here to explain things.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  9. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

Harness the power my brother.

10. PurEvl

:rofl:

11. TheMentor

TheMentor Guest

I have to say that I agree with you 100% PurEvl. I don't really have much pull around here, as I have only been seriously getting into lifting for about 2 months. But I would like to say that this forum has helped me stick with it, and I have valued everyone's advice. I also do not feel that someone should be giving advice on something they know nothing about. When I post in here, the extent of my advice is what I use in my protein drinks to make them taste good, and that's about it. I think a lot of the newb's on this forum feel like they have something to prove to the guys on a more senior level and that ends up in flamewars, and BS threads. I was under the impression that this forum was for advice,support and motivation, not trying to out-do each other constantly or see who's dick is bigger. In all actuality, that seems to be what it has turned into, a big pissing contest. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with a little competition, but some take it more personally than others.

12. trancezj

trancezj New Member

13. Drewski

Drewski New Member

I gotta agree with you Pur. Ever since I just started just following Chris' routine and eating well, I've seen some good gains. Gains that would have taken be 5-10x longer to see doing it the old way of trying to control every minutuia of my routine and totally changing shit around every 2-3 weeks.

14. MikeTheVike1

MikeTheVike1 OT Supporter

How many threads are you going to make you attention whore?

j/k, I hear ya.

15. PurEvl

oh I think its a fine plan, but I just dont use things other then what I know myself. I would only add some squeezing and isolation type movements to it. Its needed to learn how to control a muscle. Wasnt a knock at you at all, hope it didnt come out that way

16. NoXeN

NoXeN You can find me up on one

i agree..most newbs come in looking for some personalized routine based on their lifestyle when in reality all they need is a basic routine and diet in the newb thread

17. Drewski

Drewski New Member

I'm not really sure if throwing a basic routine out for everybody would be 'forcing your opinion' on anybody, just like chris' base routine wasn't forcing his routine on anybody, it was just another routine option for people to try.

That being said, is it really necessary to customize a base BB'ing routine to the individual? (keep in mind this question is from somebody who is not very familair with BB'ing specifically)

18. PurEvl

yes very, everyone is built differently, if your overweight, wide waist, big hips etc etc. Things like squats, deads, will widen these areas and some people are not looking for that. I design things for what each person needs. Bodybuilding is sculpting, not just throwing weight up and eating what you want. Its a whole lot deeper then what I talk about it. I dont bother cause I dont need internet BB'ers giving me there opinion on how its just eat/lift. If you want a small, waist, thick back, wide leg sweep all remaining symetrical then just doing a base isnt enough. You need a combo of things and routines cycling back and forth. As well as diets.

19. Drewski

Drewski New Member

I don't care what everybody else says about ya, you aren't THAT dumb afterall j/k

thanks for the explanation :bigthumb:

20. UncleJohn

UncleJohn "That guy"

then have your step dad continue to make you up routines. What is your point? Totally not a flame.

21. Jeg1983

Jeg1983 OT Supporter

troof

I never really spoke much on here but you were quick to help me with a new back routine. Which worked out very well a few people commented that I had become wider and thicker in the back.

22. Leo95SE

Leo95SE The OMINOUS one

OT is like the ice cream shop that sells the flavor of the week. lookit all the boards here, i think it only makes sense.

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.