my project

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by boek, Feb 20, 2008.

1. boek

boek New Member

Alright, here goes..

I'm the proud owner of a so-so good condition 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger..

It's basically all complete and original, 318 small block, backed by an A904 automatic, and i'm not too sure on the rear end gearing..

Originally a baby blue-ish exterior, with a black vinyl top, and a darker blue interior, rallye rims..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The bad, as you can see;
    the previous owner smashed up the passenger quarter panel, the drivers side door (now, sadly replaced with an unmatching door from a 1974), the door jam, and you can also see the rust damage on the drivers side quarter panel.

But otherwise, the car is pretty mechanically sound, its just been a hassle to find a matching door for it..

Anyway, the other day, I just scored a 360 small block, complete, which will be the new heart of the beast.. i'm just not too sure on what to put on it for performance mods.. so this is where I kind of need help..

I'm keeping the bottom end of the motor stock, but whats needed are an intake, carb, camshaft (and the parts to go with that, lifters, pushrods, rocker arms, etc), and headers..

Also, does anyone know anything about a good flowing set of factory cylinder heads? I've heard rumours that #308 casting heads from the late 80s and early 90s are best.. any feedback?

Any help at all is greatly appreciated!

:x:

2. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

very cool

3. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

I have a 360 in my 70 with a .480ish lift cam, unported "J" heads, an old crappy single plane Edelbrock (plan to swap on an Air-gap later), and KB107 pistons. Haven't made it to the track since it is 70 miles one way and the 727/4.10 gears don't cruise so well. But it runs pretty hard on the back roads close to my house and pulls well on the top end. This is with a little 625 CFM carb also.