My printer...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by elevator, Mar 7, 2007.

1. elevator

elevator The tenants think it's wonderful! ヽ(´ OT Supporter

sometimes vomits the character map over several hundred pages when I try to print a large photoshop project.

Why? :wtc:

2. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

3. copiertalk

copiertalk Secure Our Borders! OT Supporter

what kind of printer? are you useing the correct driver?

4. elevator

hp color laserjet 2840 mfp. I'm pretty sure the correct driver is installed, I printed successfully to it several times before. I noticed that if I print and don't let it finish printing and then start printing another document, it messes up. Maybe I'll just have to refrain from doing that.

Oh yeah, I have a Macbook and it is printing through my airport extreme if that makes a difference

5. TankedOutSuicide

TankedOutSuicide These aren't the DJs were looking for...

shouldn't make a differenc. does it do this any other time or only when printed high quality prints? my suggestions (and the steps I always take when I have a client that this happens to) is to first uninstall the printer along with any programs associated with it. Restart the computer and reinstall the drivers (again make sure they are the right ones). Try printing the same document and let me know what happens.

6. elevator

Just when I print big photoshop files (~29 MB)

I have reinstalled the printer a couple of times, I guess it may be a limitation of the old airport extreme?

I can live with it, It'll be just like the days before spooling :wtc:

7. copiertalk

HP PCL 6, HP postscript level 3 emulation; Postscript Printer Description (PPD); 80 TrueType internal scalable fonts for both HP PCL 6 and HP postscript emulation ​

try another driver, if you are using pcl, try postscript. if you are useing postscipt try pcl.

if you are using pcl6, drop down to pcl5c, I have had problems with pcl6 in the past.

8. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Sounds like the printer's memory isn't getting cleared when you cancel a print job halfway through. By the way, you should know by now that canceling print jobs is the one area in which Windows hasn't evolved past v3.1 -- it's still virtually impossible to do without fucking something up.

9. copiertalk

That is bad advice.

If you shut off a fiery device or a printer with a hard drive, you will crash it.

If you have a printer doing this, go into the printer settings on your printer and cancel the print job. This will be in your operators manual. If you simply shut it off, you will have to call me or someone like me to come and fix it. If you shut it off, you will corrupt the hard drive and you will not print at all.