SRS My Perfect Life..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BradUF, Apr 7, 2005.

1. BradUF

BradUF Guest

If my life was perfect I would have a great job that I liked to do with great hours. I would be going to a Univeristy here and not JC next year. My grades would be good and school would not be a struggle. I would get to go to parties and not deal with the BS of almost getting arrested every time. Everyone would know me and I would have no problems picking up girls and I would stop getting thrown into friend zone. I just feel like life should be like that but its not. I mean I cant even find parties anymore and If I do I deal with some BS. I guess the first step would be to get a job where I am around college kids. I dunno maybe my goals are unrealstic, I cant expect life to be like Animal House lol.

2. Man, I can relate. I'd write a post too if I didn't think it would end in criticism rather than just mutual understanding about where I am and how I've been feeling this last week. I did write a blog entry basically re-covering a lot of the things that have been standing in my way or causing a lot of stress lately. It was helpful. :)

3. Gnax

Gnax Guest

Do you feel like you have control over those things: job, school, girls, and the BS at parties, at all? And what kind of BS is almost getting you arrested?

I only ask because your post seems like you don't think you have any agency in changing any of your circumstances.

4. shankems2000

shankems2000 If you read everybody's user text and location, yo

Start the change man. Look around bulletin boards and ask friends and family if they know of jobs that interest you.

Dealing with BS at parties? I don't know exactly what you're speaking of, but I'm gonna guess that it's somebody always has something to say and if it is don't bite your tongue!

Picking up chicks without being thrown into friend zone. You probably need to be more assertive, you may be TOO nice to them. I don't mean you should start being a jerk, but tease them a little, ignore them a little, act as if you have too many chicks to even bother with them, again you can't overdo this, make it seem like she has to work for YOUR approval instead of the other way around. Chicks or chicks I know, seem to like the idea that they have competition or that you're a challenge. Use this mentality to your advantage.

As far as the school thing you know what you have to do. Put aside 4 hours a night and hit the books. Write down every line in the text book that you don't understand, and research and study it until you do.

Interesting story, I'm gonna shorten it cuz I gotta go to work soon. Basically I fucked up in Bio my first year in highschool. The next year, I dedicated 1 hour everynight for going over my notes and 2 hours 2 nights before any test. For finals and mid-terms I studied on and off for 6 days before them. I basically slept 4 hours, then studied 4 hours, slept 4 hours etc. It worked and I got nothing less than a 90 the whole term and 90's on the midterms and finals.

So that's up to you and I can attest to that. You know what you have to do.........

5. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Well I feel like I have control over everything but the girls and parties. At parties its like you have to be some badass who does not give a fuck to pick up any girls. You have to be the man with all the weed and beer. I am starting from scratch with my social life. I want friends who arn't pot heads who threw away there lifes but I dont want anti-social geeks. I use to be an Arc Type at parties, people would walk up to me and say I saw you at that party it kicked ass. O and the BS a the parties is that people always try to bring open beer, weed, coke into my car and I have to sit there and be like fuck no. They just get an attuide and tell me nothing is going to happen. I never let them but I have had people sneak coke in my car then bust it out and start doing it while I am driving. I want to roll to the parties alone and be the man and not have to deal with bs. The only BS I want to deal with is ridding back with hot girls.

6. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Also I am more of a follower then a leader. I have always been friends with all the cool people thats the only reason I ever had a social life. I really dont know how to turn around and become a leader and make my own great social life. The one I want with the friends I want. I make tons of friends its just that I dunno they are either way to good or to bad ass and the things we want to do does not click.

7. RyeBread

RyeBread If you tell the truth you don't have to remember a

"tons of friends"

are they really? or are you just socially friendly with tons of people?

there is a huge distinction between being nice with people, and being friends.

if you are starting out from scratch socially, seriously try to make friends in extracurricular activities that interest you. from intramural sports, to pickup sports, to a club of some sort.

if you tend to stray to the "geek" side, what's wrong with that if you actually make friends? People who live to be the life of the party, and to be known as "that guy" are actually setting their sights on something that they'll never really be, or be comfortable with.

Nearly 20 years ago, a guy I knew from highschool was that "guy". His parents were always out of town, lived on a lake, he had a new vette at 16 years old.

was in AA before he could legally drink. Hung himself his sophmore year of college.

bottom line. being "that guy" that everyone envies isn't necessarily all that fulfilling.

8. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I like the geek stuff and understand geeky things. I just dont like the people all that much. I cant stand to hear people talk about video games and computers 24/7. Yes there are cool social geeks that arn't obessed but they are rare. O and the one thing the geek culture lacks is girls. Sure there are the few cute ones but its like 1 girl for every 20 guys.

9. Milin

Milin It's Terminal.

;) trust me I know how you feel. My hobbies were not cool esp when I came to college. I was into computers and cars. Computers won't get you ANYONE and cars will only get you guys. Cars are a great hobby if you want to pick up tons of guys phone numbers from ppl that want to "go work on cars" (and I did. I think my gay friends would have been jelous of me a couple of years ago)

The trick is making yourself well rounded. My father, when he was F.O.B. sat and watched football and baseball trying to understand them. He didn't even like them he just wanted to understand what other people liked so he could talk to them about it and be "american".

I can relate on the liking a certain thing and not liking other people in my same hobby. I have few friends I like who are into cars.

It all comes down to coming to terms with what you already have.
    With women, being more assertive and telling them what they want to hear and talking tot hem about things they want to talk about. Learn about things that women like and talk to them about it. :)

10. tigerlily

tigerlily Spoiled brat.

no one has a perfect life. instead of concentrating on what it could be, focus on how great it is now. :) set realistic goals for yourself and be proud when you accomplish them!

11. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

maybe if you weren't so anti-med maybe you'd be open to change and maybe achieve your perfect life.

12. BradUF

BradUF Guest

lol.. Meds would not just give me that life. Also ADD does not have anything to do with having a life like that. Anyone ever see National Lampoons Van Wilder? I want to be like that.

13. civicmon

one of my best friends is the van wilder of UCSD... it's not as glorious as it seems.

14. RyeBread

RyeBread If you tell the truth you don't have to remember a

:werd:

if all you've got to live for is the limelight, what happens when it fades, or you're just not quite able to catch that latest fad, or when everyone of your peers has grown up and started to realize what's really important in life?

nothing like being 25 years older than everyone else in a college bar... :mepoke: :hs:

15. BradUF

BradUF Guest

How so?

16. civicmon

he's always busy with various projects and activities... hardly can really relax and when he's not doing something school related he's dj'n or whatever..... he's a bigtime dj down south here as well.

17. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I don't see how thats so bad. I am sure he enjoys his lifestyle.

18. civicmon

all i'm saying is that it's not as fun to me as it would seem to be.