My PC and this Board

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Lee, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Lee

Lee New Member

Well current PC sucks now. Old MoBo took a dive so I had to put an AMT Athlon 700 with a Compaq board together for the time being. XP wont even install on it for some reason. Had to use 2k.

But within the past few weeks things like the "Smiles" here don't move anymore. Nothing has motion to it, a rolling laughing head just sits there :rofl:

Even when I'm looking at the list of them deciding which one to use, non of them are animated.

I cleared temp internet files & cache.
    Ran a windows update. Defragged system, shutdown.
    I've cleaned everything up yet the problem still remains.

Any ideas or experience dealing with this?

2. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

I'd reinstall IE and and get all the updates and patches from microsoft.com.

maybe someone could tell you if you need to install direct x 7.0 or something. I :dunno:

first things first though... go to www.microsoft.com and then downloads... download IE 6.0 (and I believe there's a service pack for it). That will comfirm we are working with a fresh install of the browser and can get that out of the way.

:big grin:

Maybe someone else will come in here knowing exactly what the problem is and how to fix it but I think these are some significant trouble shooting proceedures you can do while waiting for a fix.

I don't know if the java pack from www.sun.com would fix the problem. It feels like that would be the problem but I'm not that computer savy. :dunno: once again but it's something you can try. :sadwavey:

3. check tools, internet options, advanced. look for "play animations in web pages" and make sure it's checked.

4. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

(or just click on restore defaults right? ) :x:

5. Lee

Lee New Member

Yep all thats good. Its the latest version of IE, DX and all SP's. It worked for about 3 weeks and just quit.