My PC and DACP arrived today!!

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Ballast, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Ballast

Ballast Cold Heartless Bastard

:wiggle:

So I spent my night playing in the garage. I was already really tired from work, but decided I couldn't let the machine sit too long :big grin:

I got the 7336, 1 cutting pad, 2 polishing pads, 2 finishing pads, a backing plate and a bottle of DACP in the mail today. I got my EX and EX-P last week, and the VM is in the mail (again)....

So I washed the car. Didn't bother claying it because I did that 2-3 weeks ago, and the paint was still in decent shape. Took the DACP on the cutting pad and went to work. There is still some slight marring I didn't get out, but I think that is just inexperience combined with tonight's time crunch.
    Then took some #82 SFP on a polishing pad and did the whole car. Followed by a going over with some S100 Shine Enhancing Cleanser on a finishing pad.

Then went at it with the EX. I had to use 3 applicator pads because I dropped 2 on the fucking garage floor :mad:

Didn't have time to top it tonight. I want to see it in the sun tomorrow to see how it looks. The flourescent in the garage isn't the best thing to judge by. I will probably come home from work tomorrow and wash it (instead of QD) and either top it with #16 or with S100. Probably #16, and do the VM, EX-P, S100 sometime around Thanksgiving.

I will have to say that I LOVE my PC. I don't know why I ever bothered attempting anything with the Simoniz 10"....

On a side note, there is a guy at work with a 350Z Convertable that wants to pay me $250 CDN to detail his car (just the exterior) for him. And he hasn't even seen my skillz with the PC :big grin:
    Looks like it may have just paid for itself. :bigthumb:

2. Ballast

nobody cares :(

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I do. :hug: I was working all day, used my PC this afternoon an a black SL500.

Next time you use DACP, using the polishing pad instead of the cutting pad and see if that prevents the micromarring.

4. Ballast

Your idea intriuges me. I shall have to try it.

Oh, do I remember correctly that you seem to always use your PC on 6?? I was using the DACP on 5, and then ramped it up to 6 for the SFP and the S100 SEC.

I had a bad run-in tonight. Some punk-ass kids sprayed a whole bunch of cars at the mall (mine included) with silly string. It wouldn't come off immediately, and it was dark. So I took it to a coin-op pressure washer place. :( I don't like using them.
    Anyhow, under that light (it was super overcast and dark today), I can see that I need to put more work into the paint with the SFP. Maybe that will be a reason to try the DACP on the polishing pad.....
    Either way, I won't be topping it right away because I know I"ll just be stripping it this weekend or next with the DACP / SFP.

5. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

I actually put on my DACP at 3.5-4.5. You need to make sure that you're working it until it's completely broken down. Definately try using the polishing pad. I usualy use a light cut if there are some trouble spots and then switch over to the polishing pad and go at that area again. Post up some pics!

6. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Depending on the paint, it either works or it doesnt.

Total 50/50, at least thats been my experience.

I usually always have to hit it up after the fact with SR2.0 or #80.

7. Ballast

it was 10pm and really dark when I finished, so I didn't take pics. And yesterday was so dark and overcast, I thought it was going to rain for the entire day.

Pics are coming though!

8. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

True, on my Mazda, I get light micromarring with DACP and a polishing pad (#80 removes it all and leaves the paint looking super clear and WET) but on a black 330i I did the other day, DACP finished off real nice, no micromarring even when I pulled it out into the sun. He wanted a 3 step job though (lots of dealer installed swirls) so I followed with #80 anyway.