SRS MY PAST

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RelenTless77, Sep 10, 2009.

1. RelenTless77

RelenTless77 New Member

in my past when i was littler i was picked on and teased, girls didn't like me that whole thing now that i am older 21 i have bulked up and don't let people push me around anymore but now people tell me im a dick an asshole. but im a really nice guy im that guy a girl can bring home and the perants loved. thats what people have told me but now that i dont let people push me around and stick up for my self thats what i get

what do i do?

2. THoC

THoC New Member

you probably over compensated to make up for what you lacked in the past.

do you catch yourself being an asshole/dick? if not..... do you know anyone close enough to you that would be honest and tell you exactly what makes you one?

3. THoC

THoC New Member

i have a friend that was picked on in HS a lot. got older and bigger. became more confident.
    however he at times goes over board on being an asshole. he is sarcastic, which is fine, but he at times does not know when to stop. he puts people down when he gets a chance and so on....

4. RelenTless77

RelenTless77 New Member

i guess at times i do but i don't mean to it just all my past and anger i have comes out but its like if i dont do act like that or what people are saying i am being then they just walk all over me

5. jonno

jonno New Member

being modest goes a long way.

6. disley

disley Ooooh no it isn't. Ooooh yes it is. OT Supporter

Don't beat yourself up, try to find when you go to far and control it, otherwise being confident and even a little arrogant is perfectly acceptable.

7. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

You're probably so confident in your own abilities, thoughts, and opinions -- yet still so desperate about it -- that there isn't any room for other people's thoughts and opinions. It's a pretty common thing that happens to people when their self-worth is continually degraded as a child.

The best thing you can do is, when you get called out for being an asshole, try to remember what you were doing beforehand and try to figure out why you were doing it. Maybe you were dissing someone's favorite thing because it isn't your favorite thing -- but why does that make it bad? Maybe you were being overly aggressive in an argument -- but can you really be sure your point of view is always right for everyone in every situation? Etc.

All you really need to know is that what you do is right for you; once you get to where you can draw the line in the sand there, instead of farther in (letting other people boss you around) or farther out (bossing other people around), it will become a lot easier to appreciate what other people have to offer without getting defensive about it.

8. Crawling Dead

Crawling Dead Gz-TeRRoR

Be yourself. If people see you as an asshole for being you, fuck em. You're better off without.

9. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I think you became a nasty person as a result of being treated like dirt while you were a child. And you are unconsiously projecting that treatment of bullying now on others. It seems that you turned from being bullied into becoming the bullier. I think indeed that you shouldn't let people push you around anymore. But you need to learn that when fighting a monster you shouldn't allow yourself to become a monster as well. All these nasty behaviours need to go out of the door as they prevent you from being a happy person.

10. Daria

Daria New Member

Even just catching yourself and apologizing, then clarifying your thoughts will be something that people appreciate.

11. Crawling Dead

Crawling Dead Gz-TeRRoR

:ugh: no. I'm with you on a lot of these things. In middle school I was the fat kid in glasses who took everyones fucking bullshit. In high school I joined wrestling and became the muscular kid in glasses who no longer took shit from anyone. This attitude followed me into my adult years, much like you. so now that I have the experience of being walked all over when I was younger, I no longer allow it to happen, I usually put down the people who put me down, and I'm usually seen as an asshole because of it.

If your friends think you are an asshole, find new friends. They only think that because you wont let them give you shit anymore. Never, ever, ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever times 11ty billion let someone make you feel bad for being confident and for being who you are.

12. freckleface

freckleface expose the raw nerve and get on with our lives...

tone it down a bit. You are not in school anymore. Do not let them have that much power over you! Attitude is perception so change your perception and you attitude will show :)

13. RelenTless77

RelenTless77 New Member