LGBT My parents never seem to stop amazing me... and not in a good way

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by RyRy, Jul 17, 2005.

1. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

They keep trying to convince me that I have AIDS / HIV, that my ex is a child molesting pedophile because I was 15 / 2 months from my 16th B-Day when we first started dating( he was 18 at the time), that homosexuality is the most un-natural thing in the world, that I wasn't raised to be this way, that I'm sick in the head and I need to seek help so they can get their son back, etc. Now they are trying to tell me who I can and can't talk to or see, and I have a 10pm curfew :rofl: I'm now kicking myself in the ass for cashing in my last 6k worth of investments so I could attend college out of town and then moving back :wtc:

2. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

And I would like to say that yes I always practice safe sex, and I have no symptoms of HIV or AIDS, otherwise I would be getting tested faster then I drive. I've also decided I'm not dating anyone, man or woman ever until my parents kick the bucket or I can financially support myself.

3. RenaultFreak

RenaultFreak OMG

while it might be hard on you emotionally to not being able to share feelings or have someone's shoulder to put your head on I think it's the best choice for you, show them that they are wrong. You can always rely on OT :)

4. boris yeltsin

boris yeltsin New Member

I agree, go get tested. You'll know for sure, and you can use it as support for your side of the argument.

5. Do you tell them about everyone you date? They don't need to know.

6. coma

coma New Member

I have to agree with that. It's none of their business how you run your personal life.

7. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

Well, as parents who beleive they are looking out for your best intrest and safety... it kinda is.
    But if you are living at home, in this kind of household, it is probably best to not date. Getting caught lying about something they deem as horrible would just wreck everything.

8. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

My parents made me get "psychological help." I talked to the nice lady a few times and she asked me if she wanted to meet with me and my parents or just my parents alone. I let her meet with my parents alone. After that they really could care less what I am.

9. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Wait I have a new favorite, its from my dad. "I'm not (shit I can't remember this word) but if you would have brought a black woman home I think I would have accepted that..." :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

10. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

...racist?

11. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf New Member

I am thinking homophobic, not racist.

12. Jobe

Jobe keke ^_^

Kick them out of your life... find a way to live on your own without their abuse.

13. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

Just tell them that they made you gay.

"You two raised a homo." If this is so unnatural, why did you do this to me?"

It's not true, but its a great way to screw with bigots.

14. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

kill them. that way you get money and you get to see whoever you want. :o

disclaimer: cedric will not be held responsible for your actions if you take the above comment seriously. :noes:

15. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf New Member

Over the years I have excluded friends, and even family members from my life because they could not accept the fact I was gay. That is there problem, not mine. If they cannot accept who I am and how God created me, clearly they are not a friend of mine, nor do they love or care for me, so why do I want them in my life.

My mother and I rarely talk now, only when something is up and I talk even less to my brother (well not at all). It is their loss.

If that is what you need to do to survive, then do it. Just remember if you do cut off ties, do it with no regrets.

Good luck.

16. urbanjanitor101

urbanjanitor101 OT Supporter

where do you live? what general area?

do you have aim, IM me some time at motorsport3 kid.

17. K e N

K e N New Member

Aids by 16.:bowdown:

18. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

damn. first the baseball bat forced-coming-out, now this?? :eek3:

19. urbanjanitor101

urbanjanitor101 OT Supporter

is there something im missing here?

20. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

21. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Now tonight she straight out comes and asks me "I hear rumors his twin brother was gay until he met his wife then he changed, and then when your friend __ was here you guys were really close, hell he lived with us for a year or so... were you all having some weird sex thing?" :eek4: She also is trying to tell me that if I'm not at school, job hunting, or at two fo my friends house that I'm actually allowed to be around that my ass will be at home :ugh: and that I will be at home by 10pm My mom now says she can't trust me and she hasn't said it but I think my mom thinks I'm a big gay whore who sleeps with anything and everyone now because I was with one person my entire life.:wtc: The 'rents are also going to disconnect the internet, land and cell phones except for dads, etc if they ever find out I'm still talking to my ex in any way. How do I make my parents realize that I'm almost 24, and I made an adult decison to be with a man for damn near 8 years, he didn't force anything upon me and that I'm not some disease ridden whore, and that I will write them out of my lives and stick them with my student loan debt if they don't start treating me normal again?!

I realize the student loan debt isn't the most mature thing to do but it would be my final STFU and Get The Fuck Outta My Life to them.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2005
  22. spiffy_badrock

spiffy_badrock I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.

I think the student loans can haunt you too, no matter how you want to try to disown them. I dont mean to be insensitive, but some of what there doing is normal, Imagine how overprotective fathers react when there daughters start dating. I think some of it might pass, while there still is a deep down confusion and uncertainty about homosexuality in the minds of your parents. Can you find any sympathetic family members...Aunt, Uncle etc...? My partner, had a similar situation, mom was never really there and dad thought "if your gay, your dead to me" kind of attitude....he found sympathy with his Grandma, and lived there till he moved out for school. Im no therapist or anything...so your mileage may vary, but I find when I think people assume something, I sit them down and try to get to the heart of the matter. Get mom and dad together and just start talking about it...explain your points and try to reason. I know you may not get anywhere, but its worth a shot, but keep it on the subject of, "Why do I have such an early curfew" make it as little about being gay as possible. Or, my plan B would be to plan a way out, and a place to live?? Sorry, I know Im not too much help. Im kinda blunt in that italian "kill a fly with a sledge hammer" sort of way.

23. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Yes I'm still in school. I didn't go to college right out of high school, I just started not quite 2 years ago. I tried college right out of high school I wound up skipping classes left and right with one of my friends and I said I'm not wasting my money for this and worked mostly shitty jobs until 2003 when I said F This and enrolled in school. I wish I would have stayed at the Community College where I'm going back to because between the 3 semesters I went to school out of town at a 4 year university and the 5 semesters I've went to the CC I've wound up with about 40-50k in debt :noes: I know semester wise it adds up to more then 2 years but I was taking classes from both places. I will have my Assoc of Sci in Business Administration and another Assoc. of Sci in Organizational Leadership Management by Summer 06 and as far as my Bachelors right now that's up in the air. I'm taking a semester off from the 4 year University and we will see how I feel about that school come Spring 06, unless they can offer me a full ride for this fall (including apartment) then I will think about going back there full time this fall.

24. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

My parents only know homosexuality as they see it on tv and a friend of a friend who died from aids in the 80's. Sympathetic family memebers? :rofl: HaHa sure the rest of my family has gone off the conservative christain / baptist right wing over the last 2 years. I'm sure they would rather hang me from a tree then accept me. And talk with my parents... oh lord no! Everytime we try to talk it comes back around to me, my sex life, and all these silly misconceptions they have that they won't back down from. I've even went so far as to tell them "I went 20+ years without hearing anything about your sex life, and you did the same about mine, so please let's never bring it up again" but everytime we try to talk I get asked if I slept with this person or that person and its like :ugh: I told you a million times by now I've been with two people my entire life, I used protection everytime, etc.

25. spiffy_badrock

spiffy_badrock I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.

sorry, didnt mean to offend you :(