A&P my panasonic just doesn't cut it

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Valence, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

fz10. Too small a selection of apeture settings. Not enought depth of field. I mean, minolta xg - m , a clunky heavy manual camera can can capture an object in perfect clarity with excellent depth of field, but my digital can not.

Problem is, I'm not sure if it's depth of field, or focus. Obviously the xmg is manual focus. The panasonic is auto with manual ability. It has a lcd viewscreen and eye peice, so maybe the resolution on those isn't high enough to allow me to see the sharp focus. Dunno. I'd be willing for an alternative. FZ20 much better than the FZ10?

2. Harry V. Gina

Harry V. Gina How did your family do in Katrina?

Get a real DSLR. I just bought a used Canon 10D off Ebay with a grip and extra battery for less than $700. Figure another $200-300 for a good starter lens.

3. Tomash

Tomash Active Member

FZ20 won't give you what you're looking for.

4. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

Sadly, I don't have the money for that.

5. It's never too late to start saving! :hsd:

How much can you get for your current camera? Sell it and get something better.

That's the situation im in right now, I want a canon 20d but I don't have $1400 sitting around so I have to sell my camera to get half the money then I have to pay the rest in cash :o

Then I have to save up to start getting lenses and accessories :wtc: