My overall cholesterol is 102

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by ACURA TL-S, Jul 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

This is through life blood so I don't know the LDL/HDL, but in January when I was eating cheese fries on a daily basis, it was 50/55 LDL/HDL. Is it bad that my cholesterol is so ungodly low?

2. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

as long as HDL is not lower than 40, you're ok. I think avg for guys is 40-60. Really, the most important thing is the ratio of LDL to HDL. Most people have trouble keeping it below 5:1 and 3.5:1 is considered great; you're is like <1:1 so i think you're ok.

i dont think there is any such thing as having too low of an LDL, as people on new classes of drugs called "super-statins" can get their LDL down to single digits, which supposedly can help reverse arterial plaque buildup. i'm gonna look though, hang on

yeah, no such thing as too low of an ldl.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2005
  3. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

iiiinteresting. I will have to do some research on that.

4. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

your cholesterol profile is exemplary, actually. If everyone had a profile like that, heart disease rates in this country would probably drop 80%.

what supps do you take? aas cycles?

5. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

Just ON protein, CEE, and an optimen multi. I really should start taking fish oil again though. I have yet to go to the darkside, probably won't happen for sometime.

6. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

Go to bed.

7. PurEvl

PurEvl going out gassed and not half assed...

mines 149 with 55 hdl....102 is low , my trigs are a 100

8. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

cycles reduce hdl, elevate ldl and trigs

9. velamint

velamint Yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon

my total cholesterol is 131, triglycerides 62. dont know hdl/ldl though

10. PurEvl

these numners were 4 weeks after being on for 22weeks ;) I got pct down like no one else :)

sgpt was 68 level range 0-65 (barely high, not even worth my time to think about)
    sgot 42 level range 0-37 (again nothing to even think about)
    Iron was high at 158 range was 35-140
    TSH was 2.40 rane .35-4.94 and thats after 4 weeks of t3 with my own type of taper an pyramid style
    bun was 33 range 6-26
    bun/cr was 28 range 8-27
    everything else was perfect in there ranges, but anything that was high was high by a point which can be in range the next day depending on if I ate something, trained hard, had an aspirin etc.

Hope this is useful.

Also My lipids have been triple to quadruple on the sgot sgpt and my Dr never worried since it always returned to normal...hes got people that dont even lift or drink that are naturally in the 110 range. Hes also seen people who are total drunks in the 1000 range for years on end.

The only thing I ever really worry about are the chol, ldl hdl, there related to the heart...I have had like 15 hdl before an chol was 180(which is ok) but the hdl I didnt like it that low. So I got it under control. (by not eating garbage ;) )

11. PurEvl

after last shot..i use 1000 iu of hcg for 10 days....clomid at 100mg for first two weeks and nolva at 40mg for two weeks down to 25 for 2 weeks.

12. PurEvl

yep everyday..and i only do the clomid for two weeks cause i fucking hate it so...look at my results...there undeniable ;) Been this way for 10 years...although that means dick since everyone reacts different :rofl:

13. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

I was reading an article the other day about how 500iu of hcg caused a 7% increase in testicular test increase even when on cycle, compared to something like a 94% decrease w/o it.

14. etech

etech New Member

I saw somewhere that half of all people that have heart attacks also have low cholesterol.

Inflamation seems to be the real culpruit.

Homocysteine and CRP seem to be better indicators of vascular health

15. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

low total cholesterol, or low hdl... hdl is actually cardio-protective as it helps to remove plaques that have already built up

16. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

if it wasnt taken after a 12 hour fast, its pretty much meaningless

17. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

it depends. with an hdl of 56 right after you eat, it could be sub-40 during fast, which sucks.

18. PurEvl

i run the nolva at 40 while on hcg for a reason ;) and no never gyno issues and i dotnm run it during cycle...but if you got access to it cheaply...run 500iu every 3rd day while on

19. PurEvl

i have been getting blood work every 3-6 months for 10 years and its never been an issue..i wouldnt worry about it

20. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

mine is 139 LDL, 38 HDL

21. PurEvl

250 will work too

22. etech

etech New Member

C reactive protein

"...
    Why the test is performed Return to top

C-reactive protein is a special type of protein produced by the liver that is only present during episodes of acute inflammation. The most important role of CRP is its interaction with the complement system, which is one of the body's immunologic defense mechanisms.

While this is not a specific test, it does give a general indication of acute inflammation. Your health care provider might use this test to check for flare-ups of inflammatory diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, or vasculitis. The test might also be useful to monitor response to therapy.

However, even in instances of inflammation in rheumatic diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erthematosus, the CRP levels may not always be elevated. The reason for this is not known at this time. Thus, a low CRP level does not always mean that there is no inflammation present.

Recently, new studies have suggested that CRP may also be elevated in heart attacks. The role of CRP in coronary artery disease remains unclear. It is not known whether it is merely a marker of disease or whether it actually plays a role in causing atherosclerotic disease. Many consider elevated CRP to be a positive risk factor for coronary artery disease.
    ...""

http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/abstract/347/20/1557

Results Although C-reactive protein and LDL cholesterol were minimally correlated (r=0.08), base-line levels of each had a strong linear relation with the incidence of cardiovascular events. After adjustment for age, smoking status, the presence or absence of diabetes mellitus, categorical levels of blood pressure, and use or nonuse of hormone-replacement therapy, the relative risks of first cardiovascular events according to increasing quintiles of C-reactive protein, as compared with the women in the lowest quintile, were 1.4, 1.6, 2.0, and 2.3 (P<0.001), whereas the corresponding relative risks in increasing quintiles of LDL cholesterol, as compared with the lowest, were 0.9, 1.1, 1.3, and 1.5 (P<0.001). Similar effects were observed in separate analyses of each component of the composite end point and among users and nonusers of hormone-replacement therapy. Overall, 77 percent of all events occurred among women with LDL cholesterol levels below 160 mg per deciliter (4.14 mmol per liter), and 46 percent occurred among those with LDL cholesterol levels below 130 mg per deciliter (3.36 mmol per liter). By contrast, because C-reactive protein and LDL cholesterol measurements tended to identify different high-risk groups, screening for both biologic markers provided better prognostic information than screening for either alone. Independent effects were also observed for C-reactive protein in analyses adjusted for all components of the Framingham risk score.

Conclusions These data suggest that the C-reactive protein level is a stronger predictor of cardiovascular events than the LDL cholesterol level and that it adds prognostic information to that conveyed by the Framingham risk score"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.