My only concern for 2.0 firmware

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Pineapple Devil, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

ok so initially when i got my iphone i unlocked/activated/jailbroke it so i could put my current sim in it. eventually i had the iphone data plan added to my account so i could use the full functionality of the phone. basically everything is set up now as i activated it through iTunes (plan wise).

when i upgrade to 2.0 i wonder if i will have a problem with my sim since the phone never was activated through iTunes or if it will require to be hooked up to iTunes again to activate it.

2. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Sounds like you might wanna wait a lil bit or start asking around a place with more knowledge about that stuff like modmyifone.com

3. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

yeah i think im going to hold off on upgrading to it until i get more info on it. im sure theres others out there like me

4. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Any reason you can't put the original SIM back in it since everything is legit? The iPhone doesn't store your phone book on the SIM like other phones. Worst case scenario is that you'd have to goto AT&T and have them activate the original SIM.

5. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

dont have it. bought the phone from an individual and he kept the sim for his new phone. the sim for the iphone and the sim i have are the exact same thing. my concern is if 2.0 will break my unlock/activation

6. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Aaaah I see. Maybe AT&T can provide you with a new SIM if needed.

7. omgwtfbbqryan

omgwtfbbqryan OT Supporter

i would follow what others said:

wait a few days to update, and go over to mmi because thats where people are gonna know whats up