My one year weight in is here! :noes:

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by gorilla, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gorilla

gorilla New Member

Cliffs: You guys already know muscle weights more then fat.

Some might remember I started out this time last year on a goal of getting back in shape. Kick boxing shape. I told myself it was NOT about weight, but how I looked. So I set a goal to only weight myself after one full year. And that time has come. :eek: The results are SURPRISING!

First the 3 main things I did for the year:

1) I went from biking 35+ miles to Mtn Biking... which kicked my ass! I could barely make 3 miles! I finally got to 13 miles mtn biking. Legs like rocks now. (Bruised ribs and broken finger as well :) )

2) Food.... I gave up very little. Portions got much smaller. No soda unless in a mixed drink. Lots of water. Snacks went healthy. Fruit fruit and more fruit. Cheese and crackers, popcorn. Decaf coffee. But I had my share of nachos b-day cake, pie, ect. Just small portions.

3) Gym. I hit the gym like an idiot. I didn't fully know what I was doing. 6 months ago a friend who is a Personal trainer set me right. Most results I've seen. So in my mind I've only been working out correctly for 6 months, not a year.

The physical results:

I dropped 2 belt loops. I have no gut!! I've got nice muscles again! None of my cloths fit right anymore! I'm VERY VERY happy with how I look. Yes I've got more to go. 1/2 inch of baby fat stopping my abs from bursting thru . But all in all I'm so happy! (except I think I tore a rotator cuff)

So the weight...

I'm 6 feet tall and as of last year I weighted 238. Now I weight........ 224?

:wtf:

Yeah... I put on a LOT of muscle! Telling someone I only lost 14 pounds and they just look at me. They could swear I would be down around 200 lbs. The fact is muscle weighting more. And it hit me, had I been weighting myself the whole time, I would have been so disappointed. Instead I'm happy as hell right now! The 14 lbs means nothing compared to how I look.

So my advice is... don't weight yourself. Just work on how you look. The weight will either be there or not. And muscle kicks ass ;)

Goal for next year, to look like I belong in the UFC.

2. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

Congrats. weight loss is nothing -- body recomp is whats important.

3. ericande

ericande Active Member

Did you happen to have your bodyfat tested? How much have your lifts gone up? There's little as satisfying as dropping a belt loop IMO

4. gorilla

gorilla New Member

Haven't done the body fat count yet. Will do. I actually dropped weight and increased reps. I'm all about toning and getting cut now. I know I'm going to fall behind in the next few weeks due to holidays and this injury. But I'm keeping the cardio going :)

5. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

GORILLA IN THE HOUSE!! ALRIGHT TEA PARTY'S OOOOVVVVVEEEEEERRRRRRR!!

6. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

no before and after pics, reduced care

7. maskednegator

maskednegator Kosmonaut, best we've got...

:rofl:

8. gorilla

gorilla New Member

LOL, working on it!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.