My No-magic Diet

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by DamonZuman, Dec 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DamonZuman

DamonZuman New Member

Hi Everyone,

I became overweight the way most people do, eating junk and focusing my life on non-physical activities. Basically, I went to university. The tougher the work got and the more I gained weight. After a while I decided to diet and workout. Among other things, I really wanted some nice abs. So I read and tried everything: the low-carb diet, zone diet, the smoke-diet, the drink-diet, the-more-than-a-100-situps-a-day-diet. In most cases, the result were the same, either it did not change a thing or I gained the weight back faster than I
    lost it. So I came up with the No-magic Diet because I finally realized there is no easy way to shave pounds...
    • Workout (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday)
      • I run for 45 minutes first thing in the morning. I get up and go without eating and usually grumpy. grueling but very effective.
        • Decreases the chances of me coming up with an excuse
        • It really relieves the daily morning stress.
        • My stomach is empty, I burn more
    • Nutrition
      • the rules are simple:
        • I eat only 3 times a day (no snack)
        • each meal has to be smaller than the previous one (in calories) so breakfast is heavy and dinner light
        • I never eat after 8pm
          • because i am usually physically inactive in the evening
      • it's hard to stick to it so Saturday and Saturday only I give myself a free pass. (i.e. fries with cheese and bacon and huge burger) to which I look forward to all week especially during my workout.
    I have been doing this for 4 months and lost 20 pounds or 5/month. I don't do situps and my abs finally show. There are thousands diets out there and I recommending finding one that works for you. However, most effective diet will involve a lot of sweat and a lot of sacrifices.

2. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

^^^ It seems to be working ok for him.

3. JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo

JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo Live Free or Die

if it works for you and you like your results, then thats great!

4. Piracy

Piracy New Member

i've always been told that eating small, healthy snacks between meals will help keep your metabolism going if you aren't very active during the day. my workout is almost always at night (after 11 pm) so i eat some celery or carrots between meals to help keep it going and it has worked well for me so far. Everything else looks good though..especially if it's working for you...and IMO a weight routine will help you retain muscle that you have from being cannibalized for energy.

5. Sgt. Ownage

Sgt. Ownage you gon' be just fiiiine

is this an AST ad?

6. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

Hey, if it works for you that's great. The only thing I would recommend if you're doing 3 meals a day, it will work to your advantage to eat a decent-sized healthy snack inbetween them. It'll help keep your metabolism up. Your body won't have any need to store any of the calories if it has more energy coming in. Plus it'll reduce any urge you have to overeat at any of your meals.

7. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

something about this first post seems fishy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.