TAT My next tat... *pic*

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by HPS, Sep 24, 2004.

1. HPS

HPS I'm not fat, I'm poofy... :fawk:

I have wanted this tat since I was 14-15 years old (11 years), but I always just ended up getting something different... It's "The Op Ivy Guy". He is the guy from the Operation Ivy CD's, and they have been by far my favorite band all this time. I am not getting it because I want the band logo on my body, but because it represents my growing up and all the things I went through/learned as I was growing up and learning to be my own person. They are a very political/serious band as far as lyrics, and they represent the way I feel about a LOT things. I went through the more important and impressionable years of my life listening to them (still do), and that is a lot of what it would represent, not to mention friends made and lost, and journeys taken...

This is the album cover. All I will be getting is the guy (and the circle in the second pic), none of the other stuff...
    [​IMG]

This is what it looks like on someone elses arm (came across this pic). Before all the "Why would you want something someone else has?" comments, thats not the case. It is unique just in the fact I have wanted it for a LONG time, and today (this pic) is the first time I have seen someone with the pic. It will also be the starting on my half sleeve on my left arm, so it won't be just the guy in the end... :)
    [​IMG]

This is where it's going. While I do like both these tats, when I got them I wanted them smaller, and now I find them to be WAY to small. I am very symetrical, and the two on my right bicep are a lot bigger, so I will just put the Op Ivy guy over them and make him big. I will get these later though. The bottom one means "Unity" (ironically what Op Ivy is all about), and my good friend and I got them at the same time, so I will definatly get it redone some time... Anyway... This is the spot, and it will have to be pretty big to cover them both... :bigthumb:
    [​IMG]

For the record- Due to lack of cash it will be a long time before I do it, but I thought I would post anyway... :bigthumb:

2. tokay

tokay Guest

yo, op ivy kicks ass by the boat-load.
    but no matter how much you like a band i wouldn't get a tat...
    unless your in the band or know them personaly you shouldn't get band tats...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2004
  3. HPS

HPS I'm not fat, I'm poofy... :fawk:

Did you read what I said? :dunno:

4. deznutz

deznutz New Member

Its not bad, i actually havent seen it done before...

5. BedBunny

BedBunny Guest

nice tatts :)