My next car?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Claydus, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Claydus

Claydus Active Member

Ok I have narrowed my next car down to an Accord, Altima, or Camry. I have about $25k give or take a thousand. This will be my first car out of college. I will be graduating in May so it will be purchased around May or June. My current car is a 1997 honda accord.

I have looked on Edmunds at most of the reviews from editors and consumers. I am not sure if can afford the V6 in any of the models unless I can get a good deal on a program car. I am looking for a comfortable ride with preferably leather interior.

However, I have only test driven a Camry LE 4cly.

I like the Camry's SE options and features.
    I like the Altima's features in the 2.5 SL.
    I like the Accord's features in the EX and SE trims.

I would like to see if any of you have either of these cars

2. shiba

shiba Active Member

get a used 04 or 05 model. low miles, more features, cost less.

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

altima v6 can be easily had for your price.

4. LA02MAX

LA02MAX New Member

Go test drive an '07 V6 altima. You'll love it. I wish I could have walked away with the 6-speed I drove, that thing was awesome. The frame felt nothing like a Japanese car it was so strong, the ride was smooth, had push button ignition (doesn't sound that cool but it put a smile on my face! ), it's very high quality unlike the outgoing model, handles VERY well for FWD, and is very quick...the 6-speed will see 13s stock no problem. That car is a bargain for $24k.

5. project15

project15 New Member

go used. just out of college? You may think you can afford 25k, but in reality, you can only afford 15k after tax, title, insurance. true story.

6. DINide

DINide New Member

camry se ftw

7. Claydus

Claydus Active Member

I am not looking for a "fast" 4-door car.... as corny it may seem and I am only interested in the automatic transmissions.

The CVT in the Altima sounds really cool. I have yet to test drive one. I will be doing that this weekend.

I really like the new 2007 models for the Camry and Altima...... but the Accord hasn't had any major changes in a few years.... I may could get a 2006 Accord with the features I want.

8. HYEST

HYEST New Member

Can't go wrong with either of them. just go to the dealers and see what options you can get with them. Remember the Accord will look dated next year when the new models come out. The Camry and Altima will still be the newest model for a few years. Just a thought.

9. LA02MAX

LA02MAX New Member

Then get a 2.5 SL with the CVT :dunno: You can a 2.5 SL with leather heated seats, sunroof, dual zone climate control, etc. for <$25k and you could easily knock $2k off MSRP when buying it. My friend has a Versa with a CVT and I've driven a maxima with a CVT and they're interesting to say the least...your foot basically controls what engine speed it sits at during accerleation. Floor it and it shoots up to 6400 and just sits there until you let go. Weird, but I guess it kind of has a 'cool' factor over the conventional auto since not many cars have them.

I didn't like the way the accord drove at all, and believe it or not the altima seemed like it had a higher quality interior...the camry I can't say anything about because I've never driven one, but I've heard it has the typical floaty toyota ride...if you're into that kind stuff and you don't want an altima then go for the camry because as HYEST mentioned, the camry won't be outdated in 2 years whereas the accord will.