My new stereo for the study -huge pics-

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by joyride, Oct 17, 2002.

1. joyride

joyride Active Member

let me know what you guys think
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. 04

04 Guest

Well you asked for opionons so I will give you mine. I bet that system sounds very accurate and is for the most part (exept for very low frequency bass) perfect. However, I would not have bought such expensive cables. The amplifier looks like quite a unit and built like a tank, how much power does it output?

As for the cdplayer and preamp I too would have spent less on those and more on the main speakers or bought a subwoofer. But thats just me...

What brand are those speakers? They look like they use the Seas excel woofer in them...

3. joyride

joyride Active Member

I think the cables are necessary because they make the system sound really smooth. Additionally, I have JPS superconductor speaker cables so they mate well together with the Super 2 IC's.
    The speakers are Tyler Acoustics Taylo Ref Monitors with upgrades billet copper binding posts. www.tyleracoustics.com
    The speaker has Scan Speak Revelator tweeter (model 9900) and the Seas excel Magnesium woofer. These drivers are usually not found speakers under 10000. Joseph audio's new top of the line 20k speakers use them. These are the best speakers I've heard that are under 5k. I liked Meadowlark Shearwaters and Heron i but they sound too dark and was too picky with placement. The room is really small only about 9'X12' so I don't need a subwoofer. The monitors go down to about 41hz and that is enough for the music I listen to. If I wanted to listen to rap I probably got full range speakers instead of a subwoofer because subwoofers are hard to integrate and are just too slow for most accurate monitors. As for the amps, it's a Earthquake Cinenova Grande 3 channel. It has a 4kva torrodrial transformer and puts out 300watts @[email protected][email protected] driven simultaneously. Thanks for your input and interest.

4. joyride

joyride Active Member

5. 04

04 Guest

http://www.madisound.com/thor.html

That pair of speakers only costs 1500 dollars. Perhaps you meant 1000 instead of 10000?

As for the subwoofers, I agree they are very hard to integrate.

Cool amp...

6. 04

04 Guest

7. joyride

joyride Active Member

Thor's are DIY speakers w/ transmission line crossover. They don't use the Scan speak tweeter and DIY is not for me since I want full warranty and trade up advantages w/ the manufaturer. I pulled out the 3 chan amp from my home theater which isn't getting much attention right now. It'll have to do w/ a receiver.