GUN My new magwell, let me show you it

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AB13, Oct 21, 2008.

1. AB13

AB13 New Member

So I'm going from Single stack 1911 to this...

[​IMG]

lol, reloads will be like throwing a hotdog down a hallway. :naughty:

brb, going to go beat up on this magwell.

2. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

Shiny. :)

3. wickedgun

wickedgun New Member

lets hope you dont go slappin it.

4. sp00n155

sp00n155 You underestimate the insignificance of my penis OT Supporter

I kind of want to go from a 2011 frame to a single 1911 frame :hs:

5. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Wait wait wait, WTF is this madness?!

You get a new open gun? Or refinish your old one? That pistol looks different than the one I've seen pictures of before.

Any of you guys remember the single stack grips they used to make for 2011's? I haven't seen them offered in a while, and haven't really seen very many pic's of people with them... but what Keeps a man from using his 2011 with a single stack grip, in SS (or the IDPA equivilant)?

6. AB13

AB13 New Member

Same gun, just got some things added/done.

- Limcat XL Magwell
    - Shooters Connection Mag Button
    - Ed Brown MG Extractor
    - EGW Extended ejector
    - C-More Serendipity
    - Arredondo Gas Pedal

When I get everything tuned/dialed in and feel good about it I'm going to send the slide out for more fat free work and to get hard chromed. Anyone know a GOOD plater that won't fuck my shit up and get it turned around fast?

[​IMG]

I'm going to run it this Sunday in a match to see where I'm at, it should run. Still some ammo tuning, etc.

As for the 1911 grips, you must be thinking old school like Caspian double stack race frames.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Off the top of my head.... no. If you find one, hook me up. My guy did stellar work, but last month his wife died, and he found out he had Leukemia. I kinda stopped bugging him to do my guns for free/cheap after that. I think he's completely out of the game now.

Tripps is done, Tech-Plate didn't seem interested in working with me (and started quoting "months" to get my shit back), and I'm sketchy about Metaloy's work (I've seen more bad personally, than I have good).

I have a guy doing some Cerakoting for me, but he doesn't have his FFL yet. It's supposedly on the way, and I'm gonna wait another week or two and see if he gets it. If he doesn't, then I'm just gonna have my TS Cerakoted and be done with it.

This is a new guy, but I've seen his work up close, and in lots of customer-posted pics (for what that's worth). It looks pretty damn solid. He's trying to get a full-time plating/refinishing service going, and I think he's at the point of doing high-quality work for cheap in an attempt to get his name out there. I had two slides refinished (in Cerakote), plus some controls and polishing done for $75. Haven't gotten them back yet, but his turn around time is measured in days, instead of weeks.

www.CustomizedCreationz.com -- His website

He posts a lot over at SigForum. Might be worth a gander, if so inclined. I'm hoping his shit is excellent, cause he'll be getting a lot of work from me if so.

Nah, I'm talking about an interchangeable grip for S_I's that allowed you to run single stack 1911 mags. Nearly positive such a thing existed.... Though I'm having trouble dragging up a picture.