My new computer's C: drive is labeled I:

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by shawn4element, Mar 12, 2004.

1. shawn4element

shawn4element OT Supporter

Hi, I just got my new computer (via Cyber Power Inc. I recemmend them, they were wonderful) and I have one small, kind of problem. It isn't really a problem, just an annoyance.

I've grown up knowing the main drive as C:. In this computer, I got a 6 in 1 card thing and they all have a seperate drive. THey went in ABC order, all 6 of them (then my floppy drive, and my cd drives, and so on) got a letter. One of them got C:. My hard drive seemingly got last choice, and is now the I; drive.

Is there anyway to make my hard drive the C drive, and the other drive the I drive, and a way to where I dont lose my information that is on the computer? Thanks :)

2. carlin

carlin Guest

3. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

No, there is no need to go into the registry to change drive letters. Right click on My Computer and go to manage. On the left, click on Disk Management. When that loads, on the top half of the right side of the screen, right click on one of the drives and go to change drive letter and paths. There you can change them to what you want.

Remember, if you want to make a device the C drive and a device already has that assigned, you have to first change that one and then you will have C available.

HTH>

CM.

4. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

You can't modify your boot/system drive using your method cm.