My New Car : Classic Car Goodness Inside

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Kirbwah, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Kirbwah

Kirbwah Guest

[​IMG]
    big here.

[​IMG]
    big here.

12 Months ago I was in the process of geting my provisional liscence and was looking for a car that appealed to me I found none.

That was until I saw a Datsun Z when I was out driving with my sisters boyfriend (who is a car expert) and so taken back by its sporty, but classic look I asked him what the hall it was. He explained it was a Datsun 260z one of the very few 6-cylinder cars Datsun had produced while they were still called Datsun. And from that moment on it was love.

12 months passed (while i drove my 1991 Nissan Pintara, Stanza to you yanks)and I earnt and earnt and looked at shitty Datsun rust bucket after rust bucket.

There was one that constantly popped up in my city, though, for a price which was not warranted, and out of my range. Then by fluke one day while searching on ebay it came up on an auction for $4000AUD, this was odd, becuase the owner had only ever advertised in enthusiast channels.

Well I emailed him asking if I could come inspect the car, I did with a friend and for $4000 it was looking for a good buy. However, after talking to him he stated that he would settle out of ebay for $5k.

I went again to go check it out with another friend who knows old cars and he was also very impressed, he agreed with me anything under $5k would be a bargain, but if its $5k firm then to keep looking.

I called up the seller and offered $4200 in cash (keep in mind my limit was $4500), he declined saying $5k minimum. The Auction closed that evening on $4150, later I learned that he had declined to sell via ebay for that price.

I waited a few days, I knew he was not keen to sell the car, it had been on the market for months now, only recently due to the purchase of a second Z had the motive to sell been piked.

I emailed him 4 days after the auction close breifley "I'm offering $4500 cash. easy sale."

He replied quickly, he would take it for that price, but without the Sub and Amp (which were shit anyway, I was going to sell them probably could have got $250AUD) I agreed, however my parents were in japan and he would be interstate until the next week, so i would have to wait. Finally my parents were back, he was back and I had the money. So my dad, my mate and I went to pick up the car.

So now it is sitting in my yard, It needs a few things done before i can drive it, and I cant work on it till I finish my exams for yr12.

[​IMG]
    big here.'

The paint was done 2 years ago. It is candy apple gold shot on silver.

[​IMG]
    big here.

I got alot of pieces with the car, including front grille and bumper, which will go on as soon as i finish exams.

[​IMG]
    big here.

[​IMG]
    big here.

[​IMG]
    big here.

[​IMG]
    big here.

Specs:
    Datsun 1976 260z 2-Seater
    L28 EFI (est. 170hp at the fly)
    *Upgraded to 85mm Throttle body off nissan rb30
    *New Head & Valves
    *Full rebuild 50,000km ago
    *Mild Polish
    R200 open diff
    New 2 1/4" Exhaust, done with engine rebuild.
    L28 5-Speed
    Sports clutch
    Push Button Start :coal:
    Alarm & Central Locking
    Kenwood HeadUnit with Pioneer 2-ways and 6x9's
    H4 Halogen Light Upgrade
    15" Maxima Wheels

Price:
    $4500AUD or $3350USD
    inc.
    *Quater Tank of PULP
    *2 Months Rego

Problems:
    Electrical:
    Heater fan turns on with headlights
    Washer Jets blow fuses when used
    Rear brake globe broken
    Reversing lights relay not connected to trans
    Speedo-cable not connected
    Tacho not connected to coil
    Indicator lever needs clean/adjustment.

Rust:
    There is very little, the respray and repairs were done well, rewelded floorpans and fiberglassed door panels.

There is a hole punched into the chassis rail which has started to rust, will be cut and repaired very soon.

[​IMG]
    big here.

I'm itching to drive it, but i have to wait 3-weeks, at the moment it is sitting outside my window mocking me.

2. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

nice, the classic Zs are awesome

3. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

4. KeeperOfAcheron

KeeperOfAcheron I dub thee Sir Phobos, Knight of Mars, beater of a

Firggin bad. I like the color.

5. vbp6us

vbp6us New Member

Nice