My New Bike v. GSXR1000 Limited Ed.

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by PUREVIL, Jun 6, 2005.

1. PUREVIL

PUREVIL More Money Than Brains Croo

Still got some work to do. Chain guard is gettin removed, HIDs are going in, I may also do a signal mod which changes the running lights in my headlight to my signals and ditch the mirrors. Other mods include an alarm (last bike was stolen 04 R1) and maybe Wave rotors, for now the stock is exhaust is staying cuz i love the pipe.

After I removed all the stickers...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bike Brace and home security device...

[​IMG]

2. Raithan

Raithan :wackit:

The Taliban are going to steal your bike! He's pointing at it! Killitkillit!

:rolleyes:

Nice bike man.. keep it upright. :bigthumb:

3. PUREVIL

HAHAH yea the other forums said the same thing about that guy in the BG. I think its Taliban Motorsports down there.

4. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

Awesome man..

No wonder cops never catch bikes, look how fucking small the plate is!

hows it compare to the R1?

5. PUREVIL

I get that question alot.... to be honest with ya its everything my R1 was but a lil more. More low/mid range punch. I haven't got to test the upper yet I'm still breaking it in. But I can tell right away its got more power. With my R1 I had to drop a tooth on the front sprocket with the Gix I wont have too. The handling is comparable as well, but I think the R1 maybe had a slightly better feel, but the 05 is way better than the 04 Gixxer I took for an extended test ride. Build quality is way better than last years model too, but Yamaha still is one of the best IMO. The R1 feels crafted, not manufactured, plus they put alot of attention to details. I like having a trunk again, albeit a small trunk but I can put my wallet, hat, phone, and either sunglasses or digi cam in it. The R1 I couldn't put my insurance papers in the trunk. What else..... Brakes on the gixxer are way better than on the R1. My R1 had mooshy brakes even after I put braided lines and rebleed them a few times, but the gixxer has strong firm brakes right outta the box, really good feel too. The suspension is alot firmer than the R1 as well, at times over rough pavement it feels like I'm riiding a rigid chopper. Riding position on the 05 is great too, with the narrower tank and shorter reach to the bars its quite comfortable, again much better than the 04 gixxer. I sometimes ride my friends 05 ZX10 and I dont like it as much, the power is cloes to the same but the handling isn't as solid and predictable. It feels like the 10 has super fast turn in... like when I enter a corner it I have to back out near the apex cuz it turns in so fast. Also Kawi has crap build quality... IMO Kawi = Junk.

The I'm a yami guy at heart, but since the 04 and 05 R1s are the same and the Gixxer is all new I thought I'd give Zooki a shoot. Back in 01 I was planning on buying a gix1000 but I choose the R1 instead. I'm really impressed with the new gixxer over last years model. I totally love the styling, the 04 gix seems like its a slab sided pig, the 05 seems like they tried to put some style into it. I'm not a fan of the mirrors but hey it shows some balls to try something different, same can be said about the exhaust, at first I hated it, but when your parked with other bikes I started to love it cuz its not the same ol round can like every other bike exhaust. Wow so there you have it, I dont think I left anything out. HAHAHAHAHA

6. PUREVIL

For fun I'm going to post my past bikes.

2001 Yamaha R1. I did all the work on this bike myself with the help of my best friend Derek. This was when I lived back in Minot ND. Some stand out features, full exhaust, Graves Ram Air, Polished Frame & Swing arm, Performance Machine wheels, BMW M5 HID & projector retro fit. Totalled by a Dodge Ram making a left hand turn, I walked away with a scrap on my leg. Thank God for Full face helmets though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And that sticker says AUTO TOYZ the shop that let me teardown and polish my bike, it looks like BUT TOYZ from far though. HAHHAHAHAHA

After the crash I got a 2004 Yamaha R1 as a replacement.. Again I loved this bike, it looked really bad ass. HIDs, Solo seat cowl, front flushies and rear integrated signals, -1 sprocket. I kept the mods low cuz I was affraid of getting hit again, cuz insurance didn't pay me shit for my 2001. But on election night (Nov 2) she was stolen, they came in and threw her into the back of a truck and drove away!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. machine81

machine81 New Member

Wow, you have awesome taste in bikes and especially mods. Nice and subtle, but still noticeable. The Gixxer and the red R1 are outstanding! Nice work.

8. ragnarok

ragnarok nuclear launch detected

the K5 is hot

9. Bret The Ripper

Bret The Ripper I

All black makes that bike not ugly. :naughty:

Its good you like the pipe. I still hate it though. :o I refuse to see any techological advances in it untill team Suzuki starts using pipes that are shaped the same.

10. PUREVIL

Thanks.... yea after insurance kinda fucked me over I decided to keep the mods light. Red R1 had only 1500 (CDN) bucks into it, it was mostly the HIDs at $700 (CDN). So I got a lil over half that back from insurance cuz I had all the reciepts. The blue R1 was appraised at 22,000 CDN and I got about half that cuz insurance went by book value + a lil extra for all the mods, not the appraised value. It was funny the insurance company had to get a shop that does Harleys to appraise it "due to the amount of work". Its funny how the blue R1 had to have a polished frame, but you know the red R1 wouldn't look right with one and same with the K5. I think its cuz the frame on the blue one was silver and the other 2 are black.

11. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

All black K5 is hot. I think it takes the title of "meanest looking bike" away from the Zed-10.

You're just across the border from me! :run: Some buddies and I were talking about riding up to Vancouver, party the night and check out a few titty bars, and then riding up to Whistler. Got any suggestions?

12. Esp69st

Esp69st Who's talking about OIL... bitch you cooking

Nice Bike...

13. Esp69st

Esp69st Who's talking about OIL... bitch you cooking

I loved the last pic... lol

14. sedrock86

sedrock86 Guest

how much do the gxsr1000 run for stock?

15. PUREVIL

Suggestions on titty bars? Well there are 2 I go to and a few I wanna go to and a few I stay away from.

Paramount in New West. IMO its a great time, no alky served. Which is good and bad. Good cuz the girls are more friendly cuz they dont think your drunk. Me and my friends go there alot cuz they are open until 4am and its not far from home. So after the bars its a good chill place. You have to check out Taylor, Ivy, and Lacy. Best lap dances IMO. Place aint cheap, $10 cover, $5.50 for a drink, and you must buy at least one drink. Lappys $25 for 1 song. But the girls are crawling all over you and you get to see alot more than you would while they are on stage. Girls on constant rotation, with 15 girls on staff everynight.

Cecils in Vancouver. Hottest girls period. Drinks are on par with other strip clubs. The girls come out every 10 min or so I think and lappys are $40 but they are kinda more like private dances. I can't remember how many songs you get for your $40, but as I said the girls are pretty hot there. I think cover is 10.

Brandis in Vancouver is deemed the High end club, frequented by Ben Aflak, and other Celebs. But honestly thats for you outta towners. Guys that live here know Brandis is a joke. $100 gets you a TABLE yes a table! Otherwise your standing around. The girls aren't any hotter than Paramount and drinks are way over priced. Its all about image there, which reminds me there is a dress code and a cover. I'll never go there again.

No. 5 Orange in Vancouver is supposed to be really good, I never been there but those that go love it. Maybe this weekend I'll check it out. I heard they girls are hot, the place is clean, but its kinda in shitty east downtown.

The Drake in vancouver, I went it sucked. Place is a dive, the girls are crack whores. Enough said.

Muggs & Juggs in New West. No cover I believe but again stay away. Girls aren't hot at all. And there is a 30 minute wait between girls. You know how dissappointing it is to see one ugly chick and wait for 30 min hoping the next girl is better? Only to be dissappointed again! Save your money and time and go to Paramount, just get your drinks before going to Paramount, but dont drink and ride either! HAHAHA

Also how many people are going to ride up with you? If your coming up and staying at a hotel I suggest you bring some chains with you to lock your bikes together. Vancouver is terrible for bike theft. Disc will do you no good cuz they will just pick it up and toss it in a truck. If you chain them together you have a better chance, but then again they can just cut the chain too.

I think every weekend someone is planning a trip to whistler, I know there are daily runs to squamish (town 1/2 way to whistler) you should sign up to www.bcsportbikes.com and check out the I'm going for a ride section. I'll bet if you post up there will be about 10 to 20 other riders that may show up and join you. Im a moderator there and I go by the same name if you have questions. Just make sure you follow the strict rules set in place by the other mods. Any other questions? God I type to much. HAHAHAHA

16. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

:bowdown:

Thanks for the info. I've been to a few of the places that you mentioned and my favorite has always been the Cecil. They used to have the coolest chair in the front (next to the stage), they were on springs and acted kinda like reclining chairs. It was really nice to be watching tittties on stage and getting a nice back rub from a hottie. :bigthumb:

We'll probably be riding up with 5-7 people total. Grab a room at the Best Western or something on Granville. Thanks for the tip on parking. We'll be sure to bring a big ass cable to tie all the bikes together.

I'll check out BCSportbikes.com for sure...

Once again, thanks for the info. If you are ever thinking about heading to Seattle, lemme know. Lotsa good roads in the area.

17. PUREVIL

I may be heading down to Cycle Barn this sunday the one in Lynnwood. See if I can find some gear. Not sure if I'll be driving or riding yet.

18. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

Worst. Place. Ever. To shop for gear.

Come down a bit more south and goto either RMC or Cycle Gear.

Seriously... I used to goto the Smokey Point Cycle Barn all the time because my buddy worked there and he always gave me a sweet hookup. He was the only one who knew a damn thing about sportbikes and the gear associated with it. He is no longer at CB so I no longer shop there...

19. GCEX

GCEX Drifting Along

Very nice bike.

20. Frequency

Frequency New Member

sexy bikes

21. PUREVIL

Do you have links to their sites or addresses?

22. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

RMC=http://www.rentonmotorcycles.com/
    CycleGear=http://www.cyclegear.com/

23. DJMunich

DJMunich American Eurotrash

Alright... I'm gonna give ya props on the K5, it's hot.

But I gotta know what kinda shotgun that is. :eek5:

24. PUREVIL

HAHAHA its a Remington 870 Marine Magnum. With Speedfeed IV short tac pistol grip and Surefire foregrip. I have a reddot sight for it but the mount still hasnt' come, I think I may get a shell carrier side saddle instead.

[​IMG]

I also have a chrome plated .44mag Desert Eagle, not tactical but its just fun to shoot. I'm planning on doing the .50AE conversion later after I get a .45ACP Kimber TLE/RL

I sold the Glock 19 just before I moved to Canada... good thing too in Canada the G19 is a prohibited gun cuz the barrel length doesn't meet the minium requirements.

[​IMG]

25. about:blank

about:blank Whether you think that you can or that you can't,

Sweet color man. I have the US black (more like black/gray/red). Awesome bikes!