My new bike, SECA-400 (1MB Pics)

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by eighteen_psi, Aug 8, 2003.

1. eighteen_psi

eighteen_psi Active Member

Well, I bit the bullet and comitted to buying the bike. I don't own it yet (I still have to save up a little more money and/or sell my car) but it's mine when I do. I also need to get a helmet and a permit at least so I can practice on it.

Its been suggested I get some newer SECA (II?) handlebars and mirrors for it. Can anyone shed some light on the ease/difficulty of such a mod? I love the SECA II look and I think they'd look sharp on this bike as long as its not too tough to do. I'm paying 1100 for it with 273 original miles...or so the seller says. He's trustworthy so eh...I believe it. The bike looks clean as hell to me.

Anyhoo, heres pics. Note, this is as it looks having sat outside for several months with no cleanup whatsoever. When its mine, I'll fix up the ding in the tank and clean it up for some proper pics. These were mainly taken for insurance purposes, not for showing off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

Can't really tell from the pics, but if the bars just clamp onto the triple-tree, you can pick up bars from AZ Motorsports.
    I'm using drag bars on my SV, It gave me about a 1" lower hand position.

Just pick out the bars you want, then transfer all the controls and grips from the old bars to the new ones.
    http://store.yahoo.com/azmotorsports/knclubhanbla.html

3. Redsky

Redsky Beat the one you love.

It's cool that you got a smaller bike to begin with before jumping up to something with more power. You'll have plenty of fun on that bike.

4. eighteen_psi

eighteen_psi Active Member

Its merely basic transportation (though fun at that). I have no need for a bike that'll pop up the front wheel going 130mph, thanks.

But seriously, its a good deal on a nearly new bike and I think it'll serve me well until I get something more serious a year or two down the road (when I'm done with school).