My new $700 toy

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by VashTheStampede, Mar 14, 2007.

1. VashTheStampede

VashTheStampede New Member

It's a 1990 Audi 90 Quattro. I picked it up from a guy in Cincy who was selling it dirt cheap, because he thought the alternator was bad, but it was just a loose belt. It has a few Very minor issues, and you really can't beat $700 for a great running AWD Audi that's also a 5-speed. It's in good company, considering in the past year I've bought my 92 Jetta, an 86 GTI, and also a 94 Jetta.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Vicious-S

Vicious-S New Member

killer deal!

i got my '83 rabbit for $800 and it has 47k original miles. old german cars are so underrated, lol.

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Now all you gotta do is drop ten grand fixing it up.

4. VashTheStampede

Ten grand fixing it up? That is insane. If the car ends up being too much of a money pit, then I'd just cut my losses and get rid of it. So far I've put about 300 of both city and highway miles on it, and it still seems very solid. I did have to replace the old alternator belt, but I expected it to break on me.

I got a chance to play in a little snow today though. There was just enough to cover the ground and make the roads pretty slick. The car did amazing, even when I managed to get it sideways around a turn. I was very suprised at how easy the car was to control. Now all I need is some more snow, so I can go out and have a real good time. :big grin:

5. andy112

andy112 New Member

I have the stiffer coupe quattro my self, and they are fun as hell in the snow, great cars too.

6. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

<---------------

mk2 crew FTW.

nice audi, i want one. The guys at USRT have a 600hp one that runs 10's. its rediculous.

7. andy112

andy112 New Member

8. VashTheStampede

The Audi in that vid is sick :big grin: I'm looking at getting my car repainted after I get a new set of headlights for it. After that I plan on starting to mod it. I'll start with a new suspension and then see where things go from there, since I'm getting ready to start a rally project with my 84 Jetta. I'm taking the motor from my GTI and putting it in the Jetta, since the body on the GTI isn't worth saving. Although, I have given some thought to trying to trade my Audi for an MK2 16v GTI or an MK3 GTI.

9. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

thats what i meant, not USRT :o

that audi is so nasty, when they were tuning it at their booth i was in awe at the turbo sound it was making... took the car to like 4500 before it even spooled but when it did :eek3:

10. $entenza

$entenza Saudade, Beco.

Bangkok, Thailand - Lausanne, Switzerland
  11. andy112

andy112 New Member

12. golftdibrad

golftdibrad New Member

Very nice find!