My Mozart Tx

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by droopz, Nov 8, 2006.

1. droopz

droopz New Member

Just incase anyone is interested ithought id post my build log here for shits a ngiggles.

DAY 1

Firstly, I just wanted to say that I am very impressed with this case! I am a TT hater from WAYYY back, but I have to say this case is very well build and no real design flaws. I obviously got teh black (steal) one, and it doesnt not suffer at all from the 'top heavy' syndrome that some reviewers claimed the aluminum case had.

[​IMG]

Anyway... first things first.... I striped the guts out of it...

[​IMG]

This is as much as I could take off without drilling out rivits, and I dont really have the time or effort for that...

Goddamnit Thermaltake!!!! When I order the "black" case, I want the friggin' thing to be BLACK!!

[​IMG]

The spray job was a bit tricky, making sure I got into all the grooves etc... but it came out very well. It's dry tonight, so tomorrow I'll start bolting it all back together. I am also going to clean the "Mozart TX" and "TT" logos off the front and replace them with something a bit cooler.

DAY2

Just a few more bits and pieces done while I await my MB and CPU. I spent most of last night striping gear out of the old stacker and draining coolant etc...

Sorry about the size of the pic... Ill resize them down from now on.
    A size camparison against my old CM Stacker. Seriously big ass case!

[​IMG]

This is just a shot of the back, all loaded up with fans and the radiator. One thing that is worth mentioning, is that to install the radiator in the 'non-computer' side, the radiator HAD to be installed with the barbs at teh very top. It is how I wanted to install it anywy, but there is a brace that would need to be cut if you wanted to flip it.

[​IMG]

A side shot of the side that houses the MS and HDDs. You can also see the castor-wheels I installed on the bottom. Best mod ive done so far. Already I've had to push this beast around to different areas and rooms for various bit and pieces.

[​IMG]

Front shot without the cover. You can see I didnt have the $$$ to get the other 5 120mm blue LED fans I needed, so for now it will use the TT fans that came with it. The thing will probably sound like a cyclone. :S

[​IMG]

This is a shot of the 'storage-side' of the case. This section houses the optical drives, PSU, the radiator, Coolplex 25 res, the pump and probably the majority of the cable managment with be in here. You can see the TT Toughpower blend in nicesly with the black paint job. The pump with be mounted on the bottom of the optical drive bay.

[​IMG]

And one final shot of the beasty all dressed up. I really dont want to spray the front a differant colour because the finish is so nice. I'll definatly be cleaning the "Mozart Tx" and "Tt" logos off with some thinners and replace them with some nice subtle decals of my own.

[​IMG]

Thats it so far. As for specs, it will end up like this;

- Asus Crosshair AM2
    - Athlon 64 x2 4200 OCed
    - XFX 7950Gx2 1 Gb XXX Oced
    - 2Gb DDR2 RAM SMART Modular
    - 250Gb Seagate 7200.1RPM SATA Hdd
    - LG DVD RWDL +/-
    - TT Toughpower 750W
    - Swiftech Apogee
    - Swiftech double 120 radiator
    - Swiftech Pump
    - Alphacool Coolplex 25 res

Thats about it.... I would like to add a second radiator but since im only cooling the CPU, it a bit overkill right now.

2. droopz

droopz New Member

DAY 3

Well, not much more today. My penis pump... i mean Coolplex 25 res showed up today. I had to go get a few fittings for the hardware store and will seal it all up tonight and leak test it.

[​IMG]
    Sorry again about the crappy phone pic.

DAY 14

Obvioulsy a long delay waiting for the mobo and CPU, but both arrived on friday. Unfortunatly the Asus Crosshair is dead and simply will not POST, so now ive got to RMA it and wait for a replacment.

In the meantime im going to shop around town for a cheap AM2 board just so i can get this freakin thing running and play some NWN2 :) Most of the shops around town only sell Gigabyte boards, so at least it will be a nice blue colour.

Here are a cmople of quick pics I took befor it all didnt work and i got anrgy. No real cable managment here, just wanted to get it all in.

Sorry about the blurry mobo pic :S

Ive put the pump in the shape drive bay area to kind of hid it from view and clean up the case a bit. I love this res.

[​IMG]

Again, sorry for the blury pic. But you can at least soo the nice blue effect everything will have. Ive also ordered another 5 blue 120mm fan to replace the TT ones still on the front.

[​IMG]

And just a shot of the back. The bottom 80mm fan mount will probably end up being another Res or something equally useless. There is nothing on that side that needs cooling so I dont know what to put there. Any ideas anyone?

[​IMG]

Hopefully tomorrow ill be able to find a MB so i can actually boot this bloody thnig up. Ill also be finally cleaning the badges off today.

3. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Don't make me make you my hobby

Bravo, my friend. You did a great job on that.

That bitch is giving me geek wood like you wouldn't believe.

4. droopz

droopz New Member

DAY 15

Well it finally all together (sort of).

I got a cheap ass Gigabyte mATX board to see me through untill my Crosshair gets RMAed. It was the only AM2 board I could find anywhere :S

Unfortunatly there are a few major short commings with the board. Firstly it has only 2 fan connections. And even they are at crappy voltage levels. So this ment I have to bodgy up some wiring to get all my 120mm going. This means that there is almost no cable managment right now, and I had to unbolt my pump so i can get to it.

Once the proper MB is in, ill get rid of most of the wires and bolt the pump back down.

The second and most major let down with this board, is that it lacks ANY overclocking ability AT ALL. Not a single adjustment is BIOS. So im stuck at the factory 2.2 setting on the 4200 x2. Which was the same as my previous s939 3700+.

Also, gigabyte used some crap plastic clippy setup on the socket so my switech kit couldnt bolt down onto anything. I have to fab something up with some platic card and bolts. Ended up working but was a bitch compared to how easy all the Asus boards ive done were.

Still, even without an OC, im getting over 1100 points higher in 3DMark06.
    MB Side. Plenty of spare room in there with the baby mATX.

[​IMG]

Cooling side. I think ill add a bit more dye to the water. It looks a little pale in this pic.

[​IMG]

5. Doc Brown

Doing the insides black was the way to go.

If it came with a black anodized finish I would jump on one.

6. droopz

droopz New Member

Yeah, they are a top notch case. I i have to say im impressed with how quiet it is with 11 fans at full song and the water pump at 70%.

7. Doc Brown

Holy shit though, I just looked up the specs on it.

28" tall!

Don't need a stand for that one, that's for sure.

8. droopz

droopz New Member

Yeah, with the wheel i installed on mine, it sits about 2" taller than my desk.

9. Doc Brown

:rofl: :bowdown:

That's actually pretty well thought out though.

That's going to make everything nice and easy to access.