My motivation

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by delslow, Jun 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delslow

delslow my car may not be fast, but the back window goes d

It's funny how when i first started working out i thought i would be so massive so quickly. Little did i know how much hard work and dedication it takes. I still keep up with lifting today. I never like to miss a workout day. I love the pump that i get afterwards, that keeps me motivated because i can't wait to look like that. I used to lift so that i would be able to impress other people. While that is still some motivation, i never thought that kicking my ass would be so much fun. Sometimes i get irritated by my small gains but it makes me want to try even harder. I become more dedicated after each workout and am determined even more to become strong as i can. I know it's not going to be an easy process and it's not going to be an overnight process but i love challenging myself. I feel like i have come so far already. So few people have the dedication and drive to continue with this amount of time. I feel good knowing that i am that much better than 95% of the population

sorry, felt like rambling after a good workout at the gym

Discuss

2. delslow

part 2:
    A friend of mine, a girl, has been telling me for the past 6 months how she's going to start working out. She's told me about 10 times that she is going to start now. She never goes or goes only once. Every time she has an excuse "My schedule is too full" "I don't know what my work hours are going to be so i can't go" etc etc. Now she's getting a personal trainer. I was like uhh okay. To me, no one can motivate you except yourself. They can tell you to work out and show up but you're ultimatly the one who decides if you're going to stick with it.

Around January i wanted to start lifting and one of my friends who has been lifting for a few years jokingly said to me one night (around 1am or so) "I'm going to the gym around 7am tomorrow, wanna come?" I told him i'd be there. He sure was suprised when i kept to my word and showed up. I showed up to the gym every time he did for almost 3 months. I only stopped going with him when he switched times to when it conflicted with my classes. But i still kept going and still continue to go. THats my story :)

3. GOGZILLA

GOGZILLA Double-Uranium Member

GOOD WORK BROLY!!!!!! NICE TO SEE SOME DEDICATION I LOVE THAT!!!!! :bigthumb:!!!!

I've heard the stupid "I promise I'll be there tomorrow!!" I just shrug it off. I don't even talk to people about working out and stuff. People are like you should get in me in the gym broly and im like ok and never talk to them again. You have to motivate yourself is the bottom line. Another thing I've noticed. If someone is putting a date on when they're gonna start it never happens. Only people that stick with it are the "I'm going to do it now!!!!" NOT the "I'll do it after christmas" or "Maybe when I'm not so busy" :rolleyes:

TEAR IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!

4. PreemO

PreemO OT Supporter

my motivation -->[​IMG]

5. delslow

your motivation is a red x? :p

6. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex i never know why. i only know who. Moderator

come to long island, i can introduce you to her parents :fawk:

7. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

I think this might be archived...whenever someone needs motivation they can go here :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.