SRS my mom just died an I don't know what to do

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JumboJym69, Apr 17, 2005.

1. JumboJym69

JumboJym69 New Member

My mom died on March 20th, so of course my entire attitude toward life changed. On one hand, I feel like I have a grip on things and I know that the only way to really be happy is to make myself happy, make it happen for myself nothing is going to change if I just wait around for it you know. But at the same time I am overwhelmed by the feelings of "fuck it, it's not even worth it anymore" because I just can't help but know that I am never going to feel that love that you get from your mother. Things in my life are going very well, I'm in radiology school and doing extremely well working real hard and making all A's. For the past few months I've really been focusing on working out and physically I've never felt so good. All of these things make me feel great on the outside, but I feel like I don't have anything emotionally fulfilling I don't know what to do anymore. I don't get anything out of any relationship I have whether it be with my friends or with girls I date or anything and I don't know why.

2. D

D A guiltless state of self awareness.. The process

Hang in there, you need time to grieve.
    That love your mother gave you will always be a part of you. I hope in time your warm memories of her will bring you even more comfort.
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

3. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

Grieving time is probably not a great time to be getting into any relationships :hs: Your thinking and emotions are clouded for a time after someone close to you dies. For me personally, I was in a fog for about a year and a half after my dad died. It's normal to feel better about things one day, and so empty the next.

The best thing to do is hang in there, keep yourself busy, and hang out with family and good friends. Realize that it's ok to feel sad, angry, lost etc. Time does heal the wounds. You will never forget your mom, and her love etc :) But at some point, when you're ready, you will be able to pick up the pieces and move on and feel good about life again.

:hug:

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Would your mother love to see you grieving over her, of course not she wants you to move on with your life. You will love her and she will always remain in your heart. :love:

5. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

6. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

:bigthumb:

7. BlondieAMC

BlondieAMC New Member

Keep looking up and going on with your life. I promise the days will get better.

I've been in your shoes- oh not so long ago. I still have days where i remember her and want her to be here to share my joy of things i've accomplished,but I know she's proud of me. I still cry on some occasions when i think about her. And you know what, that is OK.

I know your mother is proud of you to, just remember she is always with you no matter how far away she may feel. as long as you have memories.
    If you'd like to talk feel free to PM me or IM me.
    IM- AprilMCS or even email me @ [email protected]
    I know what it's like and i know it hurts, i still have to deal with the hurt some days, and it's been 2 yrs now.