SRS My mom has cancer

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Fox800, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Fox800

Fox800 Fear Boner OT Supporter

Stage 1 breast cancer. My family is very optimistic but I'm pretty down lately. I understand that the odds are very good to excellent but I'm still pretty worried. Lost one of my grandfathers to cancer as well. Waiting to find out the date for a lumpectomy/mastectomy.

2. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

:hug: My mom had breast cancer twice. It really sucks and I'm really really sorry.

She'll be okay Fox. :hs: She'll get a lumpectomy, she'll go through treatment, it will suck a lot for everyone for a while but she'll get better. :hs: You're going to make it through this. Your family is going to be okay :hug:

pm me if you need to chat <3

3. Hey, sorry to hear about your Mom. The surgery will not be fun, but it won't be horrible either. Sounds like it will get cut out and all should be good. It's fabulous that it was caught so early! I'll wish her luck. When's the surgery?

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Im really sorry to hear that, i hope she recovers in a swift pace and painless treatment.

5. morphine

morphine New Member

Sorry to hear it man. Luckily due to medical advances stage 1 breast cancer is very very treatable. Hang in there bro, she'll get through it no problem.

6. illectronic

illectronic I'm Coming Home OT Supporter

My aunt just passed of ovarian cancer. Lucky they caught it at stage 1 man. With ovarian they usually catch it late as was with my aunt's case.

7. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

I think being afraid and down is only natural in a situation like this. I'm glad she received appropriate medical care early. So many do not get that care, as a result of lack of insurance, or the ability to afford preventative care.

Stage 1, as you know, has an extremely high probability of total remission. My mother had cancer of the uterus. That was nearly 6-8 years ago. She's as healthy as they come today, and works over 100 hours a week (And actually likes what she does).

So hang in there.